1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MB and Mlife

Discussion in 'Comps' started by aburtyboy, Sep 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aburtyboy

aburtyboy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    first and foremost i lost track of the time who knew mlife counter closed at midnight...so i goofed...
    I spent 5 nights at Mandalay Bay last week with an original blue mlife card. I checked it last night online and its now gold. 82K tier credits. $31 in comps and and about the same in point play i reckon i did about $3k all in slots between MB MGM, Luxor and Excaliber on our travels.

first, i presume i wont lose the comps or tier for at least until OCT 2016? or will they disappear after Oct 2015?

we had no room charges or the like.

so i simply wanted to know if whats listed on the mlife site is pretty accurate and will be available on out next trip next year, but burning deep in my stomach is what super duper l comps did we miss out on that normally aren't listed? do those tier point mean anything?

2. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You missed out on about $200 in primary comps.

The TCs will reset to 0 on Oct 1.

3. aburtyboy

aburtyboy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ouch....

4. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    also mlife has this promo going on for luxor ny and Monte Carlo , early 500 points get a chance at up to 1 million if free play minium 5$ , good for every 500 credits u get

5. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $31 in Express Comps and PointPlay translates into about $9,300 coin-in. You didn't say if this was your only trip this year, but I'm guessing it wasn't, because you said you had no room charges (you didn't say if you paid for the room though) and that amount of coin in would only earn 31,000 Tier Credits. To get an additional 51,000 in Tier Credits on this same trip would have cost you $2,000 in hotel spend.

In any case, your Tier Credits reset to zero next week, but you stay Gold until Oct 1 2016. Tier Credits by themselves have no monetary value. Your keep your Express Comps and PointPlay as long as you play again within 12 months of the last date you earned any.

MLife posts offers in cycles, it may be 1 - 3 months before you see any change in your offers.

I agree with shifter, $9,300 coin in = ballpark $930 in theo = about $200 available in comps, if you paid for the room yourself.

6. aburtyboy

aburtyboy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    was actually my only trip this year and room was paid on a corporate card.

what really sucks is i tried to cash out at 10 in the morning and was told don't bother come back later....:nono:

7. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Though it's correct that your tier credits will reset to 0 on October 1st, you do maintain your status through the end of this cycle and through the entire next cycle, so if you earned Gold this trip, you'll keep that through September 2016.

Also, it wouldn't hurt to try giving the MLife desk a call. I've been told that they can apply primary comps after checkout, though I've never actually given it a try. And a note for the future -- you should always charge food and beverage to the room. Unless I'm misunderstanding things, your company paid for the room and nothing else was charged. In this situation, the only thing they would have been able to do would be to adjust the room charge by the amount of your primary comps; it's not like you could have gotten cash or something.

8. aburtyboy

aburtyboy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yup.. comped out a couple of nights after a very polite Mlife rep called me back.
    easy come easy go....:peace:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.