1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Monte Carlo Pub changes (not for the better)

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by imderekpoe, Sep 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imderekpoe

imderekpoe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We stopped by the Pub at MC to watch some football today and it has totally changed. About 20 draft beers - mostly the majors or their pseudo craft labels. And the menu was cut down considerably as well. We were just there in July and it was still the old format with 100 or so taps and a decent food selection. Not sure why they changed formats, but I know for sure they've lost one customer. :thumbsdown:

2. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    20 different drafts now considering what they had??? That's laughable.

Go to "TAG Lounge" at Linq later today. Play 5 quarters of VP per hand and get "free" craft beer with about 200 choices.

As for food, you're on your own on that one. Never been to "The PUB" and probably never will now.

3. file1040

file1040 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hmmm. I'm sure some brilliant food and beverage director at MGM figured out this is what guests want. Just like they did by revamping The Carnegie Deli. The Carnegie is just OK now. The PUB was an interesting place. Now..probably just run of the mill.

4. kps

kps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's disappointing as it has been a must go for me over the last few trips.

5. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    probably losing too much money on beer going bad. Draught beer has a much shorter shelf life than bottled. Bud, Miller, etc have 30 days +-. Not sure on crafts and imports

6. brit2vegas

brit2vegas Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    we went last month and they still had a huge choice of beers, but the food was, erm lets say not good! I`m not a picky eater, but sent mine back. Shame cos we usually go to the pub a couple of times every trip, place has changed, and you`re right, its not for the better :(

7. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good point. Sometimes a bar can have too many options on draft and many will go bad. Or even worse they'll still serve it after the quality starts diminishing. 20-30 good options would be fine with me but it sounds as if many of what they have are the usual Bud/Miller and "crafts" like Blue Moon.

8. kboltwkreations

kboltwkreations Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thats a shame, liked the place.. But it doesnt surprise me... Everything else is going downhill at MC, why not that too.

9. rscpa

rscpa Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hell the last time I was there, I was on my ninth beer before they had it in stock.

10. gpburdell

gpburdell Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We went here for lunch doing March Madness earlier this year as it is an easy walk from Aria. The food was ok, but nothing that would make me craving to go back. The problem is, the service was awful. Part of it was they seemed to be understaffed for the number of people. While I can kind of forgive that; in general our waitress terrible. Got half the orders wrong, didn't check up on us, had to ask for refills, etc. Even had to chase down a manager for the bill to get out of there. My first and probably last dining experience there. It has soured me on trying any of the other MC restaurants. I'll probably just stick to Aria, Cosmo, and PH for my regular dining options.

11. BarelyHangingOn

BarelyHangingOn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are you kidding me? That is almost my exact experience last December. Wanted to have a quick bite and a couple of beers before heading back to the room to get ready for Zumanity.
    Had to bother the waitress for a second beer and when I wanted our bill she was nowhere to be found. I put it on the bartender and told him to get somebody to charge it to my room because I was going to be late and was leaving.
    I basically gave him my room number and was leaving when somebody else flagged me down to get me my bill. It still wasn't the waitress.

Looking for another sports bar this time around to watch football in.

12. M0rtyC

M0rtyC TBD

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's too bad about the pub. Really enjoyed it when it was a brew pub.... Great MNF promos back then
    As far as the draft beer going bad.... Keg life is approx 45 days. Many multi-tap spots order 5.15 gallon kegs of the higher end micro brews to turn the kegs over much faster

13. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had an experience a couple years ago that turned me off from the Pub. Wanted to watch some football and eat some fried food, sat down at the bar, and tried to order the fish and chips. Unsolicited, the bartender says, "No, you don't want that. Don't order that. Get the Prime Rib Dip." I told him I don't eat beef, he made a surprised face at me, and then goes, "Okay, well, I guess you can get the shrimp bucket." Being half-drunk already, I took his advice, and the fried shrimp bucket turned out to be greasy and lukewarm. And the beer tasted terrible out of their taps. Not to mention he proceeded to then spend an hour bitching to me about the resort's management; I love to talk shop with Vegas bartenders and dealers, but he just sounded bitter and cranky.

14. Knucklehead69

Knucklehead69 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never really a fan of MC Pub... Todd English PUB just outside the ARIA is much better.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.