1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

TAG Bar Comp Policy Confirmation?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by VegasLover8, Sep 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VegasLover8

VegasLover8 High-Roller

Can anyone confirm the latest beer comp policy at the TAG bar at the Linq? I read in an older thread that it was now beers $7 or less unless you are Diamond?

Is there a dollar limit of the beer comp if you are Diamond? What is it?

Assuming he gets it to me before I leave, I might have a friends Diamond card to keep his points active. So I am thinking I should probably play with his card initially when I sit down. Then switch to my card so I can earn RCs to help pay for my resort fees, room charges, etc.

2. TriggerMN

TriggerMN The Norwegian Hammer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was there about six weeks ago and all my beers were comped. I am mid-platinum. I'll be there again late tomorrow night; probably my first stop after I arrive at the Linq. I'll let you know. Tringlomane is a big VP honk who drinks all the exotic beers. He was there a few weeks ago. I'm not sure if he's Diamond, but if not I'd say he'd be the perfect resource.

3. Rubos

Rubos Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was there a couple of times on a recent trip - was going from the barman's recommendations - all comped

I have no standing with CET

4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:

I have no idea how many points he is trying to save, or what his theo/adt/offers are. But, he should know that your low play will get figured into his average and offers will reflect that. Of course, if he is not getting any decent offers anyways, no big deal.

5. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, I love VP but I'm a flea and still only Gold. When I had the bar to myself last trip with one of the bartenders there, Stan, we were chatting about all types of crap. I was told that "technically" there is a $7 limit on Gold members (but I would say a good 2/3rds of the beers fall at or under $7), and it increases as you have a higher tier ($9? for diamond, which covers almost every 12 oz. beer or 12/16 oz. can). But he also said that they had "great leeway" in what they were allowed to comp. So if you look like you'll play for a couple of hours (not "hit and run"), and are likely to keep coming back multiple days, then they will be more liberal on their policy according to him.

If you don't plan to play hands fast or for very long there and want a pricier beer, you could play on your buddy's card instead I guess. But if you get Stan or Heather, bet max quarters at VP and tip at least $2 to open, you'll probably be okay. And I would try to avoid Malik, he has been stricter in my experience. But maybe that's because I was pretty hammered when he first met me...and was intending to cut me off at the same time I planned to do it myself. :eek:

6. VegasLover8

VegasLover8 High-Roller

Thanks for all the replies. Sounds like I should be good to go. Also I always play max quarters and am not a hit and runner.

7. queentata

queentata VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love to try different beers, and have never been charged at TAG. I never seem to do well there, though. Anyone?

8. BoostedRS

BoostedRS Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I didn't have any problem there last time getting anything I wanted but I had an expired diamond card in... LOL. I'm only actually Platinum now since my home base is not a CET property. I think as long as you tip decent you can get anything from what I saw.

9. STPFan

STPFan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My husband hit a quarter royal a few weeks ago. Me, I lost quite a bit and left. They told me everything but a few Belgium and the 22oz bottles. I was never charged for anything while playing. They also sold me a mixed bucket of beers to take to the pool (we had a cabana room). The one stipulation was that they had to be opened first. So the bottles were "gently" opened and they let me put the caps back on. Love that bar.

10. NJS24

NJS24 Voice of Reason

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any Non Beer alcohol comped?

11. Firedew

Firedew Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wife drank many Cosmos last time while I had beer. All comped

12. amanty

amanty Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    11 days & counting. I can't wait to try this place out. In the meantime I'm enjoying a Spotted Cow by New Glarus. (WI)

[​IMG]

13. tringlomane

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Obv no spotted cow at TAG.

Hell, no New Glarus outside of WI even. :(

14. NJS24

NJS24 Voice of Reason

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I realize it can change at any moment, but does anyone know what is currently on tap at TAG. Earlier this year, they had SA Cherry Wheat, which was freakin fantastic.

15. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've found this to be the case at many a VP bar I frequent. If you're friendly with the bartender, tipping well, and most importantly, legitimately playing, they're very likely to give you what you want.

16. tringlomane

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unfortunately they change the taps monthly I think. Along with Rebel IPA, Cherry Wheat is one of my favorite Sam Adams beers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.