1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Life is Beautiful Festival

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by STPFan, Sep 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. STPFan

STPFan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So anyone attending the Festival. I got the General Admission Tickets.

Looking for recommendations for bands to see. We are getting in on Saturday. On my schedule is Royal Blood, Meg Myers, Imagine Dragons, and Death Cab for Cuties.

How about you?

2. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not going but I'd definitely see DCFC. They have great songs.

3. Ernie Vegas

Ernie Vegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Imagine Dragons closes out Saturday night without an opposing act on another stage. Since they are a Vegas band, if you need to be up close, expect most of the 30,000+ to be crowding the Downtown stage. I'd suggest committing to Duran Duran at 9:20 and spending the hour in between their set and ID's improving your position as people head off to see Snoop or the ED stage. Royal Blood is about he best rock act on the bill. Glass Animals and Metric are more alt, while Soja is reggae. We'll be spending most of our Saturday at the Downtown Stage.

Sunday has a couple bands that lean towards folk rock, Jared and the Mill and Two Gallants and, on the other end of the spectrum, Against Me! is punk. Best Coast is L.A. surf pop/lo-fi. There's hip hop with Run the Jewels and also BBNG with GFK. Our Sunday for sures will be Jared and the Mill, Saint Motel, Walk the Moon, Halsey, Brandon Flowers, a little Against Me!, some Weezer, and we will be expanding our musical tastes by checking out Knife Party.

We've been to the first two and it's one of our favorite festivals. We arrive Thursday and will be at the kick off party, Grills and Guitars, at SLS. Have fun and take some time to check out the art and the speaker list. It's a shame they moved the chef demonstrations to the VIP section this year.

Download the app. Menus and prices for food vendors are a big help. Probably the best fest food in the country.

4. Rotty

Rotty Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are going Saturday, we were in Vegas anyway (from UK) so thought we may as well, for international folks the line up is disappointing with very few that are have heard of here but I suppose international visitors aren't the target audience

Sure it will still be a great day but the previous year's lineups looked much better

5. VegasChic-BFF

VegasChic-BFF Tourist

Thanks for info. Actually in Vegas 24-27 and didn't know about this..... I'll have to see if I can still get tix.

6. Rotty

Rotty Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    tickets still easily available

7. STPFan

STPFan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, I downloaded the app.

That really stinks about the chefs area. I didn't realize it was only the VIP area. Should have gotten that reward instead. However since we are flying in on Saturday and staying on the strip, I didn't think I would get the full benefit of VIP. Live and learn.

Hopefully I can stay up late enough to enjoy the headliners. Being on east coast time really screws with my stamina at first. 7:00pm I am going to be dragging. No alcohol for me that night or I will be down for the count.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.