1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Cosmopolitan Upgrades PRE Check-In

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by reverted, Sep 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reverted

reverted Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Booked in a comp Terrace Studio Oct 1 for just one night. (Thursday)

Called in asking about upgrading and was told the following prices:
    Terrace 1BR w/ view $20
    Terrace Suite $100
    Wraparound w/o view $150
    Wraparound w/ view $200

It's my first time staying at Cosmo and would love to stay in a suite (and impress the other half). I think I will pass on the 1BR upgrade but are any of the suite upgrades worth it at the price? I know it's all relative to how much I value it and what not.

Or should I just wait til check in and try and swing a better upgrade price? Apparently these prices are not charged upfront and you pay for them at checkout

Thoughts??

2. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always pay for the upgrade, fountain view terrace studio... .this next trip I am in fountain view terrace 1BR. But honestly yeah skip the upgrade to 1BR as the rooms are very similar.

You can always try $20 trick for upgrade but I bet that will just get you into the 1BR. Check the trick section for more information. But if you are gonna pay to upgrade the prices there should be the same as what you quoted. Depends on what you want. If you wanted a wraparound or a suite I would do it ahead of time that way you make sure you have it.

3. StingerHook

StingerHook High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was comped a City Room for one night a couple of weeks ago - I agreed to an upgrade charge pre-arrival to get a Terrace Studio (no view). Tried the $20 maneuver at check in hoping for a fountain view, but like a n00b I didn't specify that to the desk agent. Got a Terrace 1BR that looked squarely at PHo. Still a great room, but next time I'll either pay for the fountain view ahead of time or be specific at the desk.

4. Hyperfocal

Hyperfocal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fountain View is worth it. At least in the west tower, you want an odd numbered room. IMHO, stay a bit lower for a better view of the fountains. I was in 3303 and it was at the same level as the penthouse levels at Bellagio and the fountains looked a bit flat. Still awesome.

City rooms are overpriced. Not as nice as cheaper Aria regular rooms.

5. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Terrace suite is a true suite and i would never pay more for a wraparound without the view, it should in fact be the opposite. Also all terrace suites comes with a view of the fountains so i guess 80 more then the 1 bedroom is not a bad deal at all.

6. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Terrace Suite upgrade at $100 for a Thursday night is worth it.

I had comp nights in July and they charged me $150/night for that upgrade for the midweek nights.

It's a really nice room, it will have the desired effect. I'd lock it in.

7. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have stayed in terrace studio fountainview, wrap-around suite fountainview and one-bedroom fountainview. Obviously the wrap-around is my preferred suite if I can get it comped. Typically when I'm comped in a studio fountainview, they upgrade me to one-bedroom fountainview. I actually really like that room because of the large dressing area in the middle. The bathtub in wonky as it is walk-through from the shower, but it has a nice stripview. I rarely use the tub so not an issue tor me. For $20, it's a good upgrade imo. You could just try tipping at check-in, the worst that could happen is you'll pay for the upgrade but there's a chance they'll comp it. Be sure to ask for fountainview.

8. reverted

reverted Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the replies everyone!

Definitely want a fountain view for this stay! Leaning towards doing the Terrace Suite (fountain view is included) and hoping for a nice upgrade to a wraparound at check in. Still have some time to decide before my stay

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.