1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Video Poker First Post- Super Times Pay VP Question

Discussion in 'Video Poker' started by 4ourbullets, Sep 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4ourbullets

4ourbullets Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi All!
    Long time lurker..first time posting.
    VP is probably 80% of my gambling. Recently "discovered" Super Times Pay VP (DDB)...won a little last trip at MB.
    Not a High Roller, but I get room, food and small free play at Delano/MB.
    Just wanted your thoughts on this game...or should I be playing Ultimate X or my regular single game DDB? Just wondering the boards' personal "luck".
    I've seen some real nice pics of wins on this board, obviously not the norm!

Thanks, Love the Forum !

2. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love DDB STP!

I prefer it to Ultimate X as there is no need to mess with any strategy changes... and since I'm a[STRIKE] problem drinker [/STRIKE]guy who enjoys the occasional cocktail, I like to keep things as simple as possible. Plus I'm a lot luckier on STP. :rolleyes2:

Welcome to the board!

3. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love the scratch out, thecarve...:evillaugh

But OP, a lot of your question depends on how much "variance" or "swing" you want to have. You want a bunch of swing, then you can go for Ultimate X. If you were happy with the swing you had when you played STP, stick with it.

And as thecarve said, the optimal strategy changes for Ultimate X vs. STP and regular VP. It Ultimate X, it's slightly more favored to draw toward straights/flushes (8X and 10X multipliers in DDB, respectively).

Here is 7/5 and 8/5 DDB Ultimate X basic strategy.
    8/5 DDB Ultimate X Strategy

9/5 DDB is the same except you hold "Aces full" because of the guaranteed 12X multipliers next hand.

4. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also remember, if you want to you can play single line of STP/DSTP with the multiplier active, 6 and 7 coins, in Ultimate X you cannot.

So it adds swing to your regular DDB game but not all that much if you do this.

5. mrstealth

mrstealth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This game is very addicting! It can also be quite frustrating at times when you are getting big multipliers (5x, 8x, 10x) and cannot get a winning hand. Also, as others have said, you will have much more variance than on other games due to the fact that betting 1 extra coin per hand results in an additional 1 coin loss per hand if you only have jacks or better or one pair.

Having said all that, you can also win much bigger. As an example, even at the quarter level you have the potential for a $10,000 hand (royal x 10x) just for betting one additional coin. But, your losses will be increased as well if you cannot get winning hands with multipliers as your bankroll will deplete quicker.

6. scottydoog

scottydoog Low-Roller

Birmingham, England. But born and raised in Bonny
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always seem to get nothing or low prizes (JOB/2 pair etc.) on super times pay. Seem to have more luck on Ultimate X.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.