1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Anyone looking forward to a SOLO trip?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by EastCoastVegasFan!, Sep 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EastCoastVegasFan!

EastCoastVegasFan! VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I live in Baltimore, so I only make it to Vegas twice a year. Every year I always bring 1, 2, one year I brought 5 guys with me. My next trip is October 1st, and I am bringing 2 guys. My friends are fun, and I would not bring them unless they wanted to come.

With this said, I am going to PH in April 2016, and I am not telling anyone. I want a solo trip where I do what I want, WHEN I want. Anyone else like this? Feel the same way as me?

July 19th - July 24th
  2. newmans

newmans VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I actually prefer to travel solo. I bring family a couple times a year. I go with or meet friends once or twice a year. The other 4 or 5 trips are solo. I get to do what I want, when I want. I know a ton of dealers, servers, pit, bartenders etc. I may even golf with a few dealers and pit people. I'll have dinner at a higher end restaurant every night and chat with bartenders, managers that I've come to know from all my trips.

3. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looking forward to the trip sure beats looking back!! Solo is good for just the reasons you mentioned. Good luck!

4. mkcoroner

mkcoroner Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ...unless you have a friend/spouse that is on the same page as you...a solo trip is the "best" way to go...countless hours of VP, wandering/sightseeing, bedtime when you want...noone else to confer with to plan the day...the only "bad" thing is eating alone...but that's what bars and happy hours are for...

5. sam_marques

sam_marques Vegas Vlogs Youtube / TeamClareVlogs

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My next trip in December is solo, even though I LOVED my first family trip in July, I am looking forward to it. This will be my 5th solo trip. I've had a couple of girlfriends try to invite themselves but I've said No Way! I really have to limit who I tell. As you say, not having to think about anybody but yourself......bliss lol

6. bdautch

bdautch VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Washington DC here, and flying out of BWI from 12/17-12/20. I'll be in "use it or lose it" vacation time by then, and it won't be time for me to visit my folks over the holidays. So I cashed in SWA points, got comped at Bally's, and off I go.

7. GottaLuvCruising

GottaLuvCruising High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually go to Vegas with my husband, my daughter or both. I took my mom once and have gone with friends a couple times. But my two solo trips were great fun, just a different dynamic. I loved being able to do whatever I wanted whenever I wanted. I loved being able to sit at my favorite slot without having people check on me or having to coordinate with others. I loved being able to hang at the pool and read. Evenings I always keep busy with shows, but sometimes I'd feel a little lonely in the afternoon. Try going solo - you'll probably enjoy it, too.

8. IM ALL IN

IM ALL IN High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I make it down 10-12 times a year. This year with 3 more trips booked will be just 10. (maybe 11 if I don't cancel Thursday's trip which I think I have to) 8 of them will have been solo. My bff, she shops 12 hours a day and I gamble 12 hours a day, she's independent, so she's doable. She tagged along once this year and will once again in October. The other non-solo trip was the Mayweather Pacquiao fight I managed to get tix to, so brought my son and his bra, bro, bai, whatever the current word is for male bestie. I prefer solo over all. None of my girlfriends gamble like I do. Sometimes I just don't want to EAT. A bloody is food isn't it?

9. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sure do! I look forward to all my solo trips, which is 99.9% of the time! Every now and again, my Mom will want to come along.

I am grateful that I get to Vegas 3 times a year and each time it is "whatever-whenever-wherever".

10. 6Mermaids

6Mermaids Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I prefer to travel solo myself. I like to gamble and I don't like to gamble with non gamblers...I know it's weird! My best guy friend is a gambler so I do like to go with him. But usually I travel by myself. I, too, love to do what I want to do when I want to do it. :)

11. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've only been to Vegas one time solo. Every other trip anywhere, is with my wife. We enjoy the same things so it all works out. It gets complicated when a brother or two join us and one doesn't gamble. I really do wish he would just book a trip to some beach and read his books. Except for the beach part, that's what he does in Vegas.

12. br549

br549 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All of my trips except two with the wife have been solo trips. I love going solo. Do what I want, when I want.

13. Scottndindy

Scottndindy High-Roller

I prefer the solo trip. Whenever someone is going with me I give them a full rundown before hand and if they aren't on the same page I suggest they not go. I know it sounds harsh but babysitting someone in Vegas is one of the worst situations ever. A couple points that can be contentious but must be talked about is money. If someone isn't willing to spend money I will not go with them. I suggest at minimum a $500 per day budget. If they don't spend all of it great but its better to have them prepared. The other major point is scheduling and activities. I have no problem hanging out with them but they need to understand I am going to spend 4-8 hours per day gambling. They are more than welcome to hang out with me during this time but at no point are they to question my bets, my decisions, or try to get me to go do something else. If they can't respect that I would prefer they not come. I have always found that it is better to bring 2 people with you rather than 1. That way they can hang out if you don't want to.

14. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When not going with my wife, I always go solo. One exception this year was I went with my mom. Had a lot of fun.

Do a search on solo trips on this board. You'll find many posts as to why people love to go solo.

15. EastCoastVegasFan!

EastCoastVegasFan! VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice, what part of DC?

July 19th - July 24th
  16. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I go solo about 50-60% of the time not. I get tired of waiting for other folks to make time to go and I don't have to justify where I want to stay or what I want to do.

17. The Stig

The Stig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have done 2 solo trips already this year but my trip next month is a lads trip though, back to the solo trip in February with flights already booked. I do agree solo is good as you are not waiting around for anyone and you can do what you want when you want.

18. IM ALL IN

IM ALL IN High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Non gamblers are hard to gamble with. Some will say, it's okay I'll just watch you. NOOOOOO...I don't like being watched. I can do 3 or 4 machine moves in the matter of minutes. Don't follow me. Or, lets say you win $300 or so and you get."CASH OUT! CASH OUT! GO BACK TO THE ROOM!" and I don't want to reply..."If I cashed out at $300 every time I got to $300, you would NOT be here in a comped suite, all food and drink, spa massage, pedi, facial, limo service"...so go shop or something."

19. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I meet guys there, we all do what we want when we want.

We get together when we want and we don't get together when we don't want.

Don't know why it would be any different?

20. bignig135

bignig135 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Luckily my wife and I are on the same page 99% of the time! However there are times you wish you were there on your own because you feel like carrying on at a particular slot for example. For me though, not being extrovert or a gregarious person, I find eating alone very embarrassing, unless you go to McDonalds, food courts and the like or even going out to a show on my own. I know you shouldn't be bothered by other peoples reactions but can't help feeling like Billy No Mates, some sad loser who couldn't find anyone to accompany them!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.