1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

How far is Stratosphere from Circus Circus walking?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by user3657, Sep 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. user3657

user3657 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I dont mind walking, I usually have no problems walking anywhere on the strip when I stay mid strip.

I wouldnt say circus circus is out of the question to save a few bucks, but strat is even cheaper and I like the looks of there pool/fitness center.

With that being said, how far of a walk is The STRAT from circus circus? 5mins?

Or, what is circus circus's fitness center like? From the pictures I found it looks like just a few treadmills? no weights?

2. G Mack

G Mack Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's more than a 5 minute walk between the two. Probably 15 mins or more, depending on your pace. Really not that far at all by strip-walking standards, but, some folks would be leery about making that walk late at night if you're not a city person.

3. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think CC to SLS is even 5 minutes. Google says 9 for that.

CC to Strat is 18 min. according to google.

And not sure I would want to walk to the Strat anyway, especially at night.

4. Jade88

Jade88 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's an easy walk. Just don't do it on a really hot day when your dehydrated. I made that mistake one trip. There was a shuttle that ran from strat down the strip, not sure it's there anymore or not.

5. Nevada Kid

Nevada Kid VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Echoing to be careful. That Strat is in one of the worst neighborhoods in town.

6. flyguyfl

flyguyfl MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
  7. mattjs33

mattjs33 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've walked to Stratosphere several times, always during the day. Once you get north of Encore, it starts to get very lonely. Not sure I would do it at night.

The monorail station at SLS is an option to get to the rest of the Strip, but still at night I would not walk from Strat to even SLS without at least one other person. I've got no bad firsthand experiences up there but there's some... unusual... folks around and the vibe just makes me uncomfortable.

8. The Stig

The Stig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stopped at the Strat a couple of years ago and while I would walk it in the day, I certainly wouldn't do it at night I always took the Deuce or a cab.

9. cphllps

cphllps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  10. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here is google maps

If you click on EARTH, you can also see what is along the route.

11. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very true. My cousin works as a doorman at the Strat. When we rent a car he always lectures us as to where not to venture. And the area around his workplace is #1 on his lecture.

12. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had a taxi driver yell at a friend and I one time because we started to walk in the wrong direction out of the Strat. Didn't know any better... haha.

13. thoots

thoots Low-Roller

Like everyone else says. It's not a bad walk at all during the day, but a dangerous one after dark. I wouldn't hesitate for a minute to walk up and down the strip in that area during the day, but it's pretty scary after dark. If you're "in numbers" with some able-bodied men, and if you just book down the street and don't mess around along the way, I suppose you would manage just fine at night, but it's just best avoided to begin with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.