1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

To Go Or Not To Go....That Is The Question?!?!

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by megamoose, Sep 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. megamoose

megamoose Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So here's a question/rant. I love vegas trips solo or with my GF. Enjoy having her there more..especially since it seems like I have better luck with her there. At my work we have to book our vacation a year in advance and I had no plans for this year so last December I booked vacation for the middle of October because I had to book something. I was thinking Vegas of course. So it's now a month away and things are not going smoothly for a Vegas trip. I'm from Canada so the Canadian dollar has s#!t the bed and it cost 25 cents on the dollar just in exchange rate. Was hoping to have my gambling tax from last year back by now to fund the trip. I can exchange funds but that 25% just irks the hell outta me. It's like a loss before I even leave.

To add to my decision is the fact that the economy has slowed and my GF is not sure what is going to happen with her employment as she has been on a month to month basis and can't seem to get a commitment from her work saying her job is safe so she's stressed, which I completely understand. She has told me I can go to vegas solo but I feel guilty about taking a vacation without her. I can't comfortably afford to pay for both of our gambling as that's what we like to do.

So, in the words of The Clash...should I stay or should I go now??

2. alexb7

alexb7 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Go. Just make sure you win. All winnings will be worth 25 more.

3. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    sounds like you already made up your mind.

4. megamoose

megamoose Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOL, would love to make sure I win...wish it was that easy...and any winnings always stay in an american account for the next Vegas trip. GF is always asking why I only want to vacation vegas and thats it...just love the place and no interest at all in a hot sandy beach somewhere.

5. megamoose

megamoose Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's great shifter..lol..so what is the decision?...love ur trip reports by the way.

6. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm going to go against the grain on this one and say stay in Canada and find a cheaper local vacation you can both go on and enjoy.

The exchange rate does cut both ways, but that will just make you madder if you don't win, and if it is annoying you already it may hamper your enjoyment if not your budget, as will any guilt of going solo.

Vegas will still be there in the future, and by next year you should have your tax money back. Vegas is great but its not the only fun on the planet.

7. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wise.

I like the domestic vacay idea. Where do you reside in the Great White North?

8. megamoose

megamoose Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Your probably right Nevyn. That Vegas itch is a hard one not to scratch though. Buy a $6 lotto ticket and hope for the best I guess...lol

9. megamoose

megamoose Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Live in northern Alberta Ken....have lovely mountains and parks in Banff and Jasper but been there several times.

10. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have friends in Calgary and Ded Rear. ;)

Cruise over to Vancouver. Drink, eat, chill. Great city.

11. megamoose

megamoose Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah that's an option. Never been to Vancouver, other than a stop over while flying.

12. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We were there last year right about your time frame. Holed up in Whistler at the Four Seasons for several days during Canadian Turkey Day holiday then a week in a flat downtown Vancouver. Wine, great food, some golf, walks, sights. I believe we have a few denizens of the Fair City who hang out here.

Or Kelowna/the Okanagan.

13. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would say GF is much more important than Vegas. Stay with her, and you will be rewarded.

14. NJS24

NJS24 Voice of Reason

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you would like to terminate your relationship with your G/F, go to Vegas and have a blast!

15. megamoose

megamoose Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lol....Pretty sure the GF would be fine if I went but I like having her there. I think we're going to say to hell with it and both go. Only live once and may as well go while we can..who knows what the future will bring.

16. megamoose

megamoose Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well....that escalated quickly. Flights are booked for middle of October, now just waiting for my host to get back to me with an offer. woohoo!! :beer:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.