1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Couples trip August 20 - 23 at Vdara

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by wellmel, Aug 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wellmel

wellmel Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

So as many of you, I love Vegas, and am always encouraging people to go with me. I was able to convince my boyfriend yet again to let me drag him along.

I've been planning this trip since May.

We decided to stay at Vdara because I like having a kitchenette, and i wanted to see how it compared to the Signature's. The location is way better, that's for sure. Next I will be trying Elara.

August 20th, 2015 - Thursday
    Our flight arrives a little after 7 pm, and we pickup our economy size rental car. The worker tries to trick us into buying extra insurance, a bigger car, and an extra driver. We wouldn't have any of it. So we didn't pay any extra, thank you very much.

Our first stop was to pickup liquor and water. We stopped at a CVS off the strip. We saw an old gentleman and his driver get out of their car but leave it running, with the doors open, and the lights on while they went inside the store. I just hoped there was someone else in the back seats...

Second, we checked in and dragged all our stuff to the 37th floor. We could see the Rio and not a whole lot else from our window. Oh well. And, wonderful, our fridge didn't work. We decided to not bother with switching rooms and just put all the drinks in the sink with ice. I guess our leftovers will just have to last for a few hours and that's it. Super annoying. I will be subtracting one star on my Yelp review for that.

We went to Earl's but I wasn't hungry because of all the excitement of Vegas. I have trouble with eating when I'm there, although I am trying to change that. My boyfriend got two sandwiches anyway, though we suspected one might go bad because of the fridge.

My boyfriend decided he didn't want to go out that night. In fact, he fell asleep even though we both had been drinking and indulging in substances. I was angry but eventually gave up and took my nightly sleeping medicine. THEN OF COURSE he starts feeling everything and wakes up and wants to go out. Screw that, I let him know he already messed up my potential of having fun that night - so he's by himself. I guess he went outside to smoke, and gambled a little in the Cosmo.

August 21st, 2015 - Friday
    Next morning, we woke early and we ate at Hash House A Go Go. I got the scramble with two items: salmon and onions. He got the corned beef hash. Both were delicious as usual with Hash House. After, we went back and got ready to go to the Marquee Pool Party for DJ LC. But actually, we really just went for Ladies Open Bar and free entry for even ratio. We're trying to save money this trip. Plus, we can just walk there and didn't have to worry about a DD or a taxi. And it's a good thing we did....

So first off, Marquee didn't issue me a white wristband to get ladies open bar - even though I clearly was a lady. That pissed me off. But whatever, I talked to another girl there and she said I had to be with at least one other girl when I went in. However, I told my promoter that night and he said they were screwing things up left and right, and he wish I had told him, that he would have fixed it. Oh well. I wasn't indulging heavily in the drinks anyway. My boyfriend on the other hand...

EDIT: BTW we saw snooki at one the cabanas! She tried to hide from my photo. Oh well.

He was very social and even though he held himself well, I could tell he was piss drunk because I knew him. Other people just thought he was wild. He was making friends with everyone, drinking from someone's $150 massive mojito, and buying more drinks even though I tried to cut him off. He was going hard on the redbull vodkas which is probably what screwed him up.

We went back to the room later and that's when he crashed. I expected it, but I had hoped he would be able to pull himself together in a few hours. No go, and I went to Carrot Top by myself. We had front and center seats from myVEGAS and he missed out. We mostly got it as a comedy show for him. Oh well. Let's just say I was getting pretty pissed at how my BF was making this trip go so far... I yelled at him that he had better turn it around.

Carrot top... I was angry and sad, and just not in the right mindset. I left like 30 minutes into it. I had talked to some guys on a bachelor party beforehand, but even that didn't cheer me up.

When I got back to the hotel I continued to care for my BF. He was slowly coming to his senses. I had been munching on my leftovers from Hash House here and there but I was hungry. I had been feeding him Doritos from the store downstairs, because that's our go-to when one of us is messed up like that.

I honestly don’t remember where we ate, or if we ate. But whatever. I know I contacted my promoter and set us up at Marquee again that night, so we didn’t have to drive, free entry, etc. Plus, they had free water. No other clubs had that. I decided all the clubs in Vegas are practically the same, why have my boyfriend pay $100 to get into Omnia – just to say we went? Not worth it. I’d rather he save that money or have the option to gamble with it.

I forced my BF to go out with me that night since he ruined last night. He lightly drank, and we had a nice time. I mostly danced the whole time I was at the clubs/day parties that weekend. I wasn’t drunk enough to be social. I just didn’t care about anyone else. We only stayed out until 1 or so because I got bored.

We walked the strip a bit, BSed. Nothing special but it was nice. Finally ended up back at the hotel to sleep.

August 22nd, 2015 - Saturday
    The best day I’ve ever had in Vegas yet!

We ordered room service for breakfast. French toast with bananas, an egg frittata type of thing with granola and greek yogurt, and eggs with sausage, potatoes, and toast. I wasn’t crazy about the French toast – in fact I ahted it. Waaay too buttery. And the egg frittata was bland. But the granola and greek yogurt was awesome, and they gave me a good amount. But I wasn’t too hungry overall.

Then we started doing all the things I wanted to accomplish in Vegas. First we went to the Erotic Heritage Museum with the groupon I got online. It was awesome! It was way bigger than I thought and had a ton of crazy, unique adult entertainment items. There was a room with movies, toy displays, mannequin set ups, etc… I would post pictures but I’m not sure what would be okay on this board or not. We spent a good amount of time there and posted a lot on social media.

Then we went to Monte Carlo for a bunch of myVEGAS rewards I needed to redeem. We were hungry, so we redeemed my $50 Monte Carlo credit at Dragon Noodle. Excellent Asian fusion food btw. We had the hot and sour soup, gyoza, sweet and sour chicken, chow mein, and rice. It only came out to $0.92 more than the $50. I left a $10 tip.

Then we proceeded to the Minus 5 Ice Bar. We got our two free entries and jackets. It was awesome, but super small and freezing of course. I was in a maxi dress, which wasn’t the smartest on my part. We stayed for about 10 minutes and downed an expensive mojito. At least we can say we went? And for free I guess.

Then we went to use my 2-for-1 alcoholic milkshakes at the BLVD Creamery. Excellent reward. We got the shortcake and cookies milkshakes. Both were delicious, and you could barely taste the alcohol. I’m going to take my mom here when we go in March.

After this, we went and took and nap. Then we proceeded to Aria to watch Zarkana. What an underrated show! I find it way more entertaining than KA by far. They let us film and take pictures, I keep looking at them. I would so see it again. I would really recommend it.

After, marched on to this restaurant off strip that we had heard serves lobster pho and Oxtail Loco Moco. It’s called District One. We went and had no wait to get a table. We ordered both those dishes, and they exceeded our expectations in flavor and size. We were so glad we went, and loved the pictures we got.

After, we got ready and again ended up at Marquee. Same reasons as before. It was okay, nothing special. Clubbing sometimes bores me.

August 23rd, 2015 - Sunday
    We woke up and paid for late checkout around 3 pm because our flight was at 6. We weren’t very hungry, but I was determined to make good use out of our saved room keys to get into a nice pool in the morning. So we headed to Mandalay Bay to see what we could do. But it was a no-go, it was expired and they swiped it and confiscated it. MGM worked out though, and we enjoyed ourselves on the lazy river and filming with our GoPro.

After, I was determined to try this bar where they served shots of tequila with scorpions in them It’s called Nacho Daddy and it’s downtown. However, they were all out of scorpions. I was super disappointed. We ate there anyway, but had bad service. The food was ok. I got the cheesy nachos which was queso and jalapenos atop chips. My boyfriend got a burrito.

After, it was too hot outside so we went to gamble at the Cosmo. I played the martingale system on video roulette and lost about $90. My boyfriend lost about $120 on regular roulette, playing no system.

We napped and then drove to the airport to return the rental car around 5. Unfortunately, our flight was running 2 hours late. We ate at a diner in the restaurant, and waited. And waited. It soon became 3.5 hours and they told us our plane was broken.

They got us another plane and issued us $100 southwest credit. We didn’t get home until 11:30.

And that was the Vegas trip. The last half was awesome! I can’t wait to plan another trip with my flight credit, and to go in march with my family ☺

I will post a few pictures I took after this post.

2. wellmel

wellmel Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  3. wellmel

wellmel Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    sorry all the photos and whatnot are out of order

4. wellmel

wellmel Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  5. PayTriple

PayTriple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the TR! I was in town the weekend before, otherwise you and BF could have partied in a Bungalow if I had been there. Makes the Dayclub/Nightclub experience less boring. Maybe in the future.

6. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

Very nice! I will have to try District 1 next time!

7. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The drunken BF sucks. I have had the same problem with a couple friends in the past. Kinda sucks when you feel like you have to babysit the drunk friend. I really enjoyed Ka so much more than Zarkana, but to each their own. Sounds like the trip got better once the hangover ended!

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  8. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the TR, for some reason the Vodka always triumphs over the Red Bull. A nice combination of myvegas perks, kudos.

I read this week that Snooki's beau had an Ashley Madison account, how's he gonna 'splain that?

I liked Vdara, thought it was very quiet, great location. I liked the room layout and the small kitchen, nice bathroom, first room I had with electric window blinds.

9. ACMike

ACMike High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I loved this report! There was something just so refreshingly honest about it!!! Sounds like you had a good time! Thanks for posting.

10. akhoya362

akhoya362 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great TR. Think the BF owes you a make-up trip to Vegas, one where he doesn't tank so early on in the trip.

11. M_ILIS

M_ILIS VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The lobster pho looks fantastic (and I've never even had pho)!

12. shemesh

shemesh Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    glad you guys had fun, dont drink too much

13. Mrs. K.

Mrs. K. Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great pics! I have been to Vegas when each night Mr.K. and I were just never on the same party schedule but somehow it always worked out. Such is Vegas!

14. FormallyTD

FormallyTD Big Time

Trips to Las Vegas:
    From my calculations, on your next visit, you hang with me and leave the bf back home to take his naps.

The fridge is never dysfunctional on my watch.

See you for the Super Bowl.

15. B S

B S MIA

Glad the second half was good!

Thanks for sharing.

16. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice report! Glad your BF turned it around! My g/f usually wants to strangle me about 1 day per trip myself...:eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.