1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

charging to the room

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by radvegas, Aug 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. radvegas

radvegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry, I'm sure this will have been answered on many occasions, but I struggle to find older threads in this forum!!

Me and my friend are staying at the luxor for a week and was wondering if I should charge some things to the room.

We will be having a decent meal or two, and possibly getting bottle service at a club one night. Ideally I like to pay everything up front so I know where I am with my money but if there is possibility of a discount at the end of the week it would make sense to do it.

Can I charge things to my room from any mgm property or do I have to be in the luxor to this? Also there are a few of us meeting for a meal at tender where I will be using a myvegas voucher, can I still charge the difference to my room?

Lastly how much in theory do I need to be playing to generate discounts at the end of the week. Between two of us we will have 5-6k to gamble with and will try to predominantly play at mgm properties?

Thanks in advance :)

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can charge things to your room from any MGM hotel on the strip. Normal business.

As to what you can get comped... scan through posts in the gaming or comps section.

3. gpenguins67

gpenguins67 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Charging to your room is a good idea. This way you can make sure you are getting tier credits towards what you spend. You should be able to charge at most restaurants / stores in MGM properties and charge it to the room (not positive about the club).
    Its difficult to say how much discounts/comps you are going to generate with a 5-6K budget without knowing what you guys are playing and for how much and how long. Also you might get some lucky streaks where $100 lasts you all night and generates a lot of play and some nights that you drop $1000 in an hour. Word of advice and I'm sure others will say this will day this as well, don't change your gambling habits or play extra assuming you will generate more comps (you will likely be disappointed in the end results). Just charge everything to the room and on the last day, if you do not have a host at that point, go see the host on duty and see what charges they can take care of.
    Also, another thing to note is if you pre-paid for your room through a third party then your play will generate more discounts on purchases. If you booked directly with the luxor website some of your play may go towards comping your room rates.

4. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The bottle service won't be comped at that level in any way so you can just pay for that upfront.

The meals you should put on the room.

5. radvegas

radvegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you all :blowkiss:

6. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Might I also suggest combining both of your play onto one card if playing machines. At a table there really isn't a way. Always be sure to use your players cards when gambling. Before checking out go to the MLIFE desk and ask them to review your play to see if anything can be taken off.

And how much gets knocked off? It highly depends on what you play, for how long and how big is your bet. 4 hours of blackjack won't get much while 4 hours worth of banging away at a slot or roulette will get a lot more. But rightfully so as slots and roulette have a huge house advantage vs blackjack.

7. radvegas

radvegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It was booked through a third party so the rooms are paid for including resort fees. It will mostly be slots, blackjack and roulette. Going to try and get to grips with a few other games as well. On the table games, do you physically hand your card over to the dealer when you sit down? The aim is to have around 300-400 dollars a day and make it last as long as possible. Excessive alcohol and general bad management have not been factored in as of yet!!

8. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, you physically hand your card over. I usually just put it down on the felt with my buy-in. The dealer will hand your card over to the pit boss, who'll take down your information.

9. dhlamar

dhlamar Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are you sure your resort fees were included in your payment? If so what was the third party site you used if i may ask?

10. ajp

ajp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When playing tables just give 1 card and ask the pit boss if he can rate both your play on 1 card. I have never had an issue with that.

11. radvegas

radvegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ahh, good idea, I didn't realise I could do that. Thanks

12. radvegas

radvegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is Thomas cook in the UK. I got a letter through the post a few weeks ago saying it is changing as of 2016, but resort fees are included until the end of 2015, so I think we dropped lucky.

13. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can't do it everywhere. MGM places have never given me a problem, but last April Cromwell refused to rate my girlfriend and I together even though she was playing with my money (I literally bought in for her). Cromwell also wouldn't let me play two hands at an otherwise-empty table. That being said, as with most things in Vegas, it's certainly worth asking.

14. radvegas

radvegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll certainly ask the question :)

Lastly, I'm sure I read that it is better playing lower stakes on the tables and (trying to) recycle my buy in as much as possible rather than play bigger stakes and lose it in 10 minutes. I'll be playing the lower stakes anyway, but at least it will be good to know there may be an added incentive to keep grinding it out :)

15. ajp

ajp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Play what you are comfortable with. But time at the table is a key in caculating theo along with average bet and game played.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.