1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

UPDATE- MSS- Boar's Head-VP

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by Joe, Aug 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just got an email from my bartender friend at MSS and all the new machines they recently installed at 8/5 DDB have been changed to 9/5 DDB. Still not as good as 4Q and Cal at 9/6 but an improvement. I'll play 9/5 DDB and chat with the bartenders and CWs for 1%.

Maybe VP players are more intelligent then management gives them credit for. When we were there end of July, beginning of August those five machines at 8/5 were often times empty. That used to be never the case. Or, who knows, people just didn't like the look of the new machines? I like to think it's the former.

2. Jimbucc

Jimbucc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Played at your number 1 seat with Jasonargo in number 2. Wicked Wife and hubby and I cant remember who else played on down the line. Got to meet bartender Jose I believe. Played 9/6 JOB for awhile but didn't hit anything significant. Had a relaxing time chewing the fat with Jasonargo.

3. bluesdude

bluesdude VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is great news Joe! I like spending some of my playing time at the bar also and chatting a bit with Oleg. Is the DDB still a progressive? Quarter level or dollar or both?

Dead & Co with my son! June 4 or 5th - June 8th
  4. DESPERADO

DESPERADO VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :nworthy: thanx for update. :beer:

5. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can also verify this after meeting jasonargo. I need to change the list probably. But also drunk at gold coast bar right now. Lol

I think it's both. People don't like newer machines because they lose more with newer machine usually thanks to lower paytables. When I met up with jasonargo at 9 pm on Thursday, most spots were taken.

Also boyd resets for the gaming day at gold coast before 4am. Just removed my card at 340a and started a new gaming day. I'm guessing 3 am is the cutoff there.

Also updated the bartop list at mss and Filament. Wanker751 missed their best game. IGT doesn't allow a lower paytable than 97.69% for Double Bonus Deuces Wild, iirc. Also found the minimum allowed double deuces wild (98.86%) on a new game king on the floor at MSS for quarters. First time I ever saw a new unit have that game.

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
  6. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Haha, I only checked out the bonus paytables. But that is good to know Tring, though I doubt I will ever play it, well maybe I can brush up on it before I go for football.

Do you remember if MSS on the new machines you can set the speed? I usually play at slow or second slowest if I can,... mostly cause I cannot help myself from pounding away. I also make fewer mistakes this way.

7. Mgilmore

Mgilmore Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think my favorite place in all of Vegas is sitting at the Boar's Head Bar, playing video poker, shooting the shit with the bartenders there. :drunk:

8. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unfortunately I don't remember. The old unit I got to play on did have the speed setting though. Most STP games often have settings (but not always)

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
  9. RIRugrat

RIRugrat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Joe. I was just there less than 2 weeks ago and the new machines there were 8/5 DDB. Glad that MSS listens to their customers, it's such a rarity nowadays.

Chris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.