1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Will Mandalay Bay pool be open in November?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by GottaLuvCruising, Aug 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GottaLuvCruising

GottaLuvCruising High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We just booked two nights (11/15 & 11/16) with particular interest in the pool. Does anyone know if it is open at that time? I've searched and Googled; have received a variety of answers but don't know which is correct. Thanks!

2. 2tweetz

2tweetz Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    maybe..... I think they usually close the main pool around that time.. maybe a week earlier.. the adult pool should still be open.

3. Iceicecool

Iceicecool Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It usually closes in late October but they keep one pool open all year. I believe last year it was the Moorea pool that was open all year.

4. miniwhale

miniwhale High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are you running the race on the 15th? If you didn't know, the Half and Full Marathon is that afternoon, usually starting around 4-4:30. The strip closes down at least a couple hours before start time, and starts in front of Mandalay Bay. If you aren't, go out and check it out. You will probably want to do it next year!!

5. GottaLuvCruising

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good Lord! Is that why room rates were high? I so hated all those marathons at WDW...getting around was a major PITA. We'll be in Utah for the weekend and checking into Mandalay Bay that afternoon. I sure could have planned this better...

Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

6. miniwhale

miniwhale High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You will want to get there before 2:00. The strip isn't the only thing closed, certain exits are closed and side roads, especially around downtown.

7. FuzzyDiceCraps

FuzzyDiceCraps VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We accidentally booked marathon weekend last year in responding to an offer from VP. Now we're returning this year so my wife can run it. It starts by MB and finishes up by Venetian. We really enjoyed watching it last year, it was fun to see, definitely check it out, although the place will be slammed.

8. GottaLuvCruising

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I really wanted to go the week prior, but daytime $15 flights were sold out once we decided. I didn't check room rates and had no idea of the marathon. I retired from Disney so I have years of experience putting up with the road closures...hated them with a passion, not only the wasted time but that Disney had no respect at all for the cast members' inconvenience. I picked up extra hours working the marathon one year, but mostly avoided Disney property that weekend otherwise.

We'll plan to leave Provo really early Sunday, hoping we can get to the Mandalay parking garage and figure out how the heck we can get to Wynn for Le Reve that night. I understand that some folks enjoy these things; I am just not one of them. I so wish we had booked the week before....

9. miniwhale

miniwhale High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Every year, when we catch a cab back to MB after the race, we hear the stories from the cab drivers about the bad traffic situation. The race usually starts around 4:30 and most people should have started before 6:00, so cab access from the Mandalay side to the other side will probably be a challenge to nonexistent.
    I would plan on getting to the Wynn really early or walk to MGM and can catch the monorail or a cab from there.

10. GottaLuvCruising

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We decided not to buy Le Reve tickets for this trip. We'll keep Sunday evening free so we don't have to worry about getting anywhere. We will try to get to Mandalay Bay early and just make the most of the evening. I tend to worry and get anxious and it's just not worth it. We'll do LeReve next time. We MIGHT try to get to Tropicana and catch Rich Little's last show.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.