1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

October Rental Car Rate

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by POPO2012, Aug 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. POPO2012

POPO2012 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Located a minivan though Budget at $33 per day for October 17th thru October 20th, (three day rental) for a grand total of $148. Cheap for mini-van. Found it on rentalcar.com, put a check in Budget box. The best rates I've seen for October so far.:beer:

2. zlanga

zlanga High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    About 3 months ago I caught a dollar rental for the week of Oct 14 - 20th for $221 total for mid-size SUV, and I haven't seen anything even CLOSE to that since. I've never paid this much, and keep checking but I am not holding out hope for anything better at this point.

USBC Nationals
  3. Mirageluvr

Mirageluvr Let's Ride!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was checking rates for December 13-19 on the Costco website, and I found an intermediate sized SUV for $180, which includes taxes/fees. Outstanding rate.

4. Kcitsme

Kcitsme Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I started my search back in the beginning of July. I am holding a mid sized SUV with Alamo. I have a 15 day rental costing, with all taxes included, $518.01. I have been checking daily since then and prices have gone up but never down. There was a period of time where this vehicle was almost double what I have it for. Right now it is $882.09 . I am still checking daily, sometimes more, with hopes of better pricing. Like so many others, I find these prices outrageous! My trip is not until mid September, so I still have some time left. I wonder if so many of us have become savvy at the rental game and are holding so many cars that WE are the reason for the inflation. Just remember, if you do not intend to rent the car, release it back into inventory. Maybe the prices will improve, maybe! I am not sure what is going on but I hope prices improve soon. Good luck all!

5. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have an intermediate booked with Avis for $190 and a convertible with Alamo for $250. It's my first time renting under a weekly rate so I wasn't as sure what to expect but I did expect to get more shots at a sub $200 rate from a top tier vendor. I guess I can't complain on that rate for a Mustang or similar, though.

6. westie

westie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I re-booked yesterday for an October trip with Fox and got an all-in, 2-week rental of a mid-size car for $338. In May our 2-week rental of a full size car
    cost $326.

7. caroleehs

caroleehs Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Booked with Alamo (ACG coupon) for a week end of sept for264 .thought it was high but now it is 430'

8. JerryD

JerryD Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a full size rental for October 10-14 booked through Costco at Alamo for $119. It is at $147 right now. I keep checking hoping it will drop more, but not holding my breath.

9. Vegas Insight

Vegas Insight MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Rates were high for me during May, based upon my past experience, and the early returns for my upcoming trip are about double what I’m use to paying. Not sure what has changed in the last year, but right now the best deals I can get are on full size SUVs for a comparable rate to a compact car, but still double what I’m use to paying thru Costco.

10. BlackJackLady

BlackJackLady High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, rental prices have been through the roof. I lucked out for our Sept. trip - got a full size for 135.00 all fees and taxes for a full size car from Payless on the pay now special. It was only that low the 1 time I checked. Has been over 200.00 for same car and time since then. Normally I don't do Pay it now but at that price I couldn't pass it up.

11. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Starting to see movement. For weeks, a convertible was the cheapest option at Alamo followed by the other higher end vehicles. Today, the economy and smaller cars are the cheapest. They are coming out at $300 for five days but those classes are cheaper than before. I've got options, including waiting a day to pick up a car but I am still holding out for a short price drop. I don't understand why things are so high for my dates. Based on airfare and room rates, it should be a slower time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.