1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

May I have a 15 second whine?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by LolaDoggie, Aug 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Remember I said I can't go to Vegas this year because we're doing work on the house? When I say we, I mean my husband. But, that's beside the point.

Sometimes when my husband is working on the house, he gets on my nerves. And I get urges that aren't very Christian or loving.

Right now, he's demolishing the front porch. He rings the doorbell to get me out there. He "asks" me how much of the porch "we" should demo. I told him. Then he told me how much he's going to demo. Kind of negating the whole ask the wife process. So, I countered with how I feel that it doesn't make sense to me to leave a portion and I don't agree that it's "still good". Then he countered with how the alcoholic biker neighbours (I never claimed to live in a high class neighbourhood) agreed with him. Oh really? They pay the bills, do they?

So...instead of going to the moon without a rocket. I controlled myself. I re-stated my thoughts on the porch issue. And then I used a line on him that he likes to use on me "you're going to do whatever the f you want to anyway..." and I went back inside.

Now I'm just trying to control my urges because fresh cement work in the front yard with a missing husband is too obvious.

Thank you for this 15 seconds.

2. SteveAC01

SteveAC01 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LD---
    That was funny enough to earn you 30 seconds more.
    This time let us know how you really feel.
    SteveAC01

3. cphllps

cphllps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LD--
    I feel your pain and frustration. Went through that a few months ago with DH when taking down a tree. In the end though he saw the error of his ways and did it my way. :)

4. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anytime you need to rant, rave, and whine, feel free to do so. We will be here. To listen. :evillaugh

And don't worry about the time. Take all the time you want. :thumbsup:

5. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks. Sometimes I just need to let it out.

6. bluesdude

bluesdude VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Let us know how the porch turns out!

Dead & Co with my son! June 4 or 5th - June 8th
  7. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe you know a pig farmer nearby?

8. sapphirevegas

sapphirevegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow! I would not want to be Mr LolaDoggie today. I would have been pissed just from him ringing the bell to get my attention.

9. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Every night for the rest of the renovation, just after hubby falls asleep for the night, sit up in bed and yell: "Listen! Did you hear that? It sounds like the front part of the house is collapsing, are you sure the porch is safe?" When he goes to check it out, and he will, settle down in bed and sleep the sleep of the innocent...just kidding...

I'm sure he will do a fantastic job, and when it's all done, you'll have a good laugh about the frustrations; in the meantime, keep posting here whenever the murderous thoughts occur..

10. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    He has so many nifty tools. Including some really big hammers and this long skinny thing that breaks up concrete. He loves his new tools. Always has to show them to me and make me try them out. He even had me break up some concrete...it really did break up easier than some of my cooking disasters.

And this neighbourhood isn't awesome. We even had a rash of car keyings on Xmas morning. True story.

So, it's conceivable that some hoodlum might break up the rest of the porch while he's at work. Craziest thing. No witnesses. Nothing on the security camera. You know how cats are about unplugging wires. Yup...I guess the whole porch would have to be done if something like that happened.

11. ebuzz7

ebuzz7 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You are funny as hell.

12. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mwaaaaahaaaahaaaa!

13. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Trouble is, your hubby needs more ingenuity in finding convincing reasons he can't do what you want him to do. And more tools. More tools are always good to have.

14. LVHooked

LVHooked High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So your husband asked your opinion, explained why you were wrong, and plans on doing it his way.........I don't see the problem, shouldn't you have just went and got him a cold beer and a sandwich?

15. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cut the guy some slack. Youre lucky to have a guy that can do that kind of work. The only jobs I touch anymore are those involving a ladder,brushes and rollers,a chainsaw ,hedge trimmers or a rake .
    Go out for the day somewhere,he'll figure it out,dont forget he lives there too and has to look at it.

16. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sometimes he says things to test my reaction. ie; I'm only going to do part of the porch. He saw my reaction. He'll mull over possible outcomes. He'll decide it's easier and cheaper to go ahead and do the whole porch. I pick my battles. And I never forget how lucky I am that he's a good dude, my best friend, my best Vegas buddy, and handy. As Red Green says "they can find you handsome or they can find you handy".

17. NickPapageorgio

NickPapageorgio OG of the Sal Sagev Hotel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Classic! Lola may have lost the battle, but my money is on her to win the war.

Nick:beer:

18. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That reminded me of the saying men only have two emotions....hungry or horny. If he isn't horny, make him a sandwich.

19. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I came home from an unpleasant day at work. He had done some cement work around the porch itself. So, he's going to drag this out a few days. That's fine. I haven't said a word about it.

20. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    More cowbells, he just needs more cowbells.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.