1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

99 trips for $99 round trip fare on Spirit book by August 21

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by hammie, Aug 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So the airline that most folks love to hate is having a 99 trips for $99 sale. Lots of restrictions, but for laughs and giggles I was able to get this to work from Philly to LAS. Paying for baggage, the big seat one way, and an exit row seat the other way, the all in RT fare was $236. Other cities include Baltimore, Pittsburgh (Latrobe), Houston, Kansas City, Minneapolis and a few others.

2. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like pure agony.

Good luck!

3. Foos

Foos High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not A Deal....I usually go MSP-LAS on spirit but normally under $65 Round Trip and sometimes as low as $26 Round Trip.

4. MrSeanHiggs

MrSeanHiggs Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    26 bucks ? WTF!!

Hell 65!! I hate NJ !!

5. Foos

Foos High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The $26 rt flight was one cent fare each way plus taxes.

6. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I get a couple emails a week from Spirit, I will have to look for the one cent fares.

I haven't seen $99 rt fares from Philly and Baltimore in a long time, it's a deal. Plus, a round trip purchase is not required.

7. Foos

Foos High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The one cent fares are not available online, you need to actually buy them at the airport.
    They are not listed as one cent fares, I went to the airport to buy seats that were about $36 each way and if you buy at the airport you do not pay the passenger usage fee which is $18 each way, so $36- $18=$18 each way. When I got to the airport the flight priced out even cheaper than I expected and the ticket showed one cent each way plus taxes. That was a great deal
    Right now I can get to Vegas for $88.18 - 36.00 = $52 round trip including taxes for 9/6-9/11

Minneapolis/St. Paul (MSP) Sunday Departure: 9:55 PM
    Las Vegas (LAS) September 06, 2015 Arrival: 11:03 PM
    Flight: 763 Miles: 1300 Duration: 3 h 8 min
    Las Vegas (LAS) Friday Departure: 12:05 AM
    Minneapolis/St. Paul (MSP) September 11, 2015 Arrival: 5:02 AM
    Flight: 612 Miles: 1300 Duration: 2 h 57 min
    Purchase Price
    Flight Price Less Info
    $58.30
    Base Fare $58.30
    ├Flight

$18.60┤
    ├Unintended Consequences of DOT Regulations $3.72┤
    └Passenger Usage Fee $35.98┘
    GOVERNMENT'S CUT More Info
    $29.88
    Total Due$88.18

8. Mirageluvr

Mirageluvr Let's Ride!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do you have to be a member of the $9 club, and does each traveller, in our case, my wife and I, have to each sign up for the $9 club, and each pay the $59 annual fee? Thanks.

9. saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Where is this posted by Spirit? I don't see it on their website?

10. h0und10

h0und10 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    you gotta teach me that one as I now fly out of minneapolis since allegient pulled out of duluth.

11. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Go to spirit's website and click the tab "deals"

Foos, this is great info, thank you! Never knew about this.

No, you don't have to be a member of the fare club to get this. However, if you are a member of the $9 fare club, you get a discount on baggage fees for those traveling in your party. If you plan to travel on Spirit in the next 12 months, this should pay for itself.

12. Mirageluvr

Mirageluvr Let's Ride!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you for the answer. I signed up for their email alerts, and the baggage fees look ok.

13. Foos

Foos High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The $9 club isn't worth joining, you can't get the $9 club fares at the airport, you can only get them online so you always pay the $36 passenger usage fee which usually makes it more expensive than just going to the airport.
    I use the Travelpro Maxlite 2 Rolling Tote which fits Spirit's free personal size limit so I don't pay luggage fees http://www.amazon.com/Travelpro-Luggage-Maxlite-Rolling-Tote/dp/B005Z17386?
    (I am not sure that the newer model Maxlite 3 fits in their box)
    I bring my own sandwich and munchies for the flight and I bring an empty water bottle thru security and fill it with something before boarding. No extra fees, I just pay the price of my ticket

Travelpro-Maxlite-3-Rolling-Tote-2.jpg

26255_0_140227165048-1.jpg

14. saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yeah I did this before, merely saw a 1-Way deal posted with the title "From $99* One Way You Are The 99% Who Hate The High Fares Book by August 21"

EDIT- they've mislabeled it. LULZ. That isn't helping instill confidence.

15. Foos

Foos High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I find the deals by opening up spirit's full month calendar and looking for the cheap flights.
    Pay no attention to their deals as you can find better by searching yourself.
    The best deals I see today are the $35.09 flights that are $17.10 purchased at the airport.

16. merlin

merlin MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When it comes to flying spirit with all the horror stories, for me a penny is a little pricey. I'll wait for a sale.

17. Foos

Foos High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    To each his own........There are hundreds of satisfied customers for every Horror Story and if you cant take the chance of being inconvenienced for saving $300-$400 you are not much of a Gambler are you?

18. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, the horror stories are overplayed.

They tend to fall into either categories of people with the wrong level of expectation and/or didn't do their research.

OR

Things that happen with every airline but when it happens with Spirit it plays into the existing narrative.

I have flown Spirit probably 6-7 times and while I would not say i like it, it is worth it for me if the flight is short/cheap enough. For a 2 hour flight I'd say spirit is worth it if it saves me $30 or more. For a 4-5 hour flight, worth it if it saves $50 or more.
    Haven't flown it in a couple of years because Delta and/or Southwest have been much more competitive out of Detroit.

19. merlin

merlin MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, from msp i certainly dont want to arrive at 11pm, what am I going to do, check in and pay for a room for just a few hrs, cause I'm not going to stay up all night. If i was retired I might risk it.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.