1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Vince Gill at the Palms on August 28th

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by Flowers, Aug 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Decided to head to Vegas this month after all. Will be there from late in the day on August 27th through early evening on September 2nd. I am not a huge country music fan but do enjoy country music and IMO if you have a chance to see a great artist, even if in a music genre that is not your favorite, you should try and take advantage of the opportunity.

So, I saw that Vince Gill will be at the Palms while I am in mecca. Curious if others have seen him in concert and how much you enjoyed his show as I am thinking about seeing the show. Thanks for any comments.

2. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not a country fan either but my girlfriend is. She said she's seen him and it was a good show. And the Palms is a nice venue as well.

3. stickc

stickc Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have also seen him,,,He was good,,,but I like country music,,,

4. seneca7

seneca7 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Saw him a few years ago. Would definitely go again. It won't be a big extravaganza, but it will be a great night of music, some good stories, and some serious picking. The man can play guitar. Go.

5. rayrat

rayrat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Vince is one of the best instrumentalists here in Nashville, and puts on a great show. Definitely worth it!

6. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks everyone for the comments. Appreciate it.

7. kittyglitter_mm

kittyglitter_mm Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Saw Vince and Emmy Lou Harris years ago. Musically, a great show. Visually, not much. If you appreciate good pickin, he's one to see.

8. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks kittyglitter.

I just took the leap and just bought a ticket. I have never been to a show in the Palms' Pearl Concert Theater but it looks like I got a good seat, probably given that I just needed one seat. It'll be my first full night in Vegas and should be a neat way to start.

9. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since my girlfriend and I have been together (about 4 years) I've been to a number of country shows. They are mostly pseudo rock concerts with a lot of effects and a lot of "this is the wildest crowd I've ever seen", .stuff. I think country fans would appreciate an "old school" guy like Gill where it's more about the music than the light show. As a quick aside, every country fan needs to go to Nashville. We were there last year. Bar after bar of great music, no cover charge. Lots of talent in those bars. As a non country fan I enjoyed it a great deal. :)

10. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never been to Nashville but heard great things about it. Definitely want to check it out one day.

11. Iamrice

Iamrice High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Vince can burn up a guitar, that alone is worth going.
    The Pearl is a great venue so your seat (and the sound) should be great.
    Way to try something new!

12. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Iamrice! This is a belated birthday trip for me and I wanted to do one or two things that were special/expanding of my horizons without being too expensive. I think this concert fits that bill.

13. Iamrice

Iamrice High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hell yeah! Have a blast!

14. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When he sings the song he wrote for his deceased brother Go Rest High on that Mountain, it always brings tears to my eyes. He is very talented; enjoy!

15. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Breanna61, I went on youtube to listen to some of his songs and heard part of that song. Based on the online comments about his career, that seems to be a favorite for many Vince Gill fans. A week from today I'll see him live!

16. LVHooked

LVHooked High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Vince and Patty Lovelace singing Go Rest High on That Mountain, at George Jones funeral was fantastic. My wife's favorite is Look At Us. I would love to see him.

17. motownbob

motownbob High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Vince puts on a lower energy type show , but if you like REAL music , played by real musicians , you will like the show . And yes , he is a consummate guitar player /songwriter . Enjoy the concert !

"One More Last Chance " pay attention to the lyrics when he sings it ! A fine example of rockin' country music ! Bob

18. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks LVHooked and motownbob! Packing now! Will be in the air in three days en route to mecca and then Vince Friday night!

19. abileneblues

abileneblues Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Breanna61, I got to see him, Patty Loveless and Ricky Skaggs perform it at the Grand Ole Opry. That right there was worth the price of admission. The rest is gravy.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.