1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Breeze Trip Report

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Breeze147, Aug 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

For every nice and fun thing that happened, for every fun and interesting person I met, there were 5 negatives to offset the decent stuff.

Las Vegas 2015 in August is very dry hot, over crowded to the extreme, full of overseas visitors who negate the myth of friendly foreigners, sudden thunderstorms, loud, headbanging, practically unbearable and very nearly migraine igniting music on Fremont St., the ugly and unfeminine modern woman, drunks, loudmouths, freaks and alternative lifestyle people that I do not want to see, feel, hear or smell, little teen girls who get off on dressing like prostitutes, pools with water the color of skim milk, people who stand in the water for hours sucking beer and never leaving their spot, women who destroy their bodies with idiotic tattoos, young men full of steroid muscles who give out threatening looks to 66 year old men and in general, 10 bastards and bitches for every nice man and woman.

The party pit girls are either children or butches, take your pick. None of them evoke anything resembling the long lost art of feminine guile and mystique. They all give the appearance of f* me, give me drugs, buy me another tattoo. Meanwhile, I'll more less move my skinny ass somewhat in beat to a song whose lyrics are "OOM, BOOGA WANGA IN DA GHETTO WIF MY CRACKS", played at the decibel level of a jet fighter engine in full afterburner.

VP bars have the tightest machines than ever before. Craps and Blackjack tables are pretty much the same, stumble upon a hot one and you are okay, full of the usual dummies and noobs, but I did find a more than usual amount of tables with fun and knowledgeable people who made it interesting. None of whom were under the age of 40. I did okay, one big win at Craps in Harrah's.

I'm not a foodie and my main meal is breakfast. Magnolia's still shines with the Steak & Eggs. IMHO good buffets were in Mirage, Golden Nugget and Main Street Station. The Grotto remains my favorite Mom & Pop style Italian. Had some Joe's Stone Crabs, which were good but vastly overpriced. There was a 90 minute wait at Bacchanal so I gave up. By my count there were approximately 42,000 Asians in line.

I find more and more that Harrah's is my favorite place to gamble. I was impressed with the Linq and Harrah's renovations. The High Roller did not seem to be working. Caesars' was pretty good gambling wise. I found myself giving a noob an impromptu Craps lesson that the dealers told me was as good as what they could have done.

The room at Mirage was okay. Standard room, no frills, really overpriced. The Rush Tower at Golden Nugget remains one of the best standard rooms in Vegas. Very spacious, great bathroom.

I'm not a bad guy and I'm not a prick. I like to chatter with people. I found lots of good people, but there are too many people in this world who view Seniors as useless buffoons.

One night of the Fremont St. Experience is more than enough. 95% of the people are just there to have fun, 5%, while they don't really bother or hurt anyone, are people you pray would never move in next to you.

I was not impressed at all by The D or the Downtown Grand or whatever it's called. Dealers are the aforementioned teen crack heads who manage to make fish net stockings look ridiculous.

The best people are still the Hawaiians at MSS, Cal, Fremont and Binions. Never treated me like a ha'ole.

Southwest Airlines. The trip home was completely miserable. It started at 3 A.M. with a paving crew outside of my window at the Nugget. I never got back to sleep. One positive, I had a great cabbie who knew how to get to the airport without the freeway. Very few of them know how. You save ten dollars. While I'm sitting in the boarding area, I can hear flight crew and equipment changes coming in from the podium. Oh, oh. My name gets called and they change my connection from Atlanta. Oh, oh. The flight is late taking off because the plane was late getting in from Oakland because of crew and equipment problems. Through passengers from another flight delay things. The computers go down. Oh, oh.

Thunder and lightning all over the Atlanta area. Everything is backed up. The purser was really confusing and actually made a comment over the PA about Yankees having no sense of humor. More crew delays, through passengers, wheelchairs, families, over weight due to extra fuel and 5 people have to get off. More confusion. Finally board and sit for an hour waiting for lightning to pass. This was obviously an over worked and very tired group of FA's. Deboarding in Baltimore was so FUBAR I'll have to make another thread about it.

Then...

My bag got lost. Another hour trying to sort it out. It was tagged wrong coming out of Vegas. They said they will Fed Ex it to me. God only knows when I will see my stuff again. Followed by 80 mile drive to home.

There's lots of other stuff I forgot. I'll fill in the blanks as I think of them.

One last note, Best Bloody Mary contestant: Chart House bar in Golden Nugget.

2. booker

booker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    But how do you really feel? :eek: I appreciate your insights, and may your bags find you ASAP. At least they made it to Las Vegas with you.

3. Hobofrank

Hobofrank Prime Minister of Idiocracy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    42K AZNs? Lmfao
    Forwarding this to my asian friends

The party pit girls are either children or butches, take your pick. None of them evoke anything resembling the long lost art of feminine guile and mystique. They all give the appearance of f* me, give me drugs, buy me another tattoo. Meanwhile, I'll more less move my skinny ass somewhat in beat to a song whose lyrics are "OOM, BOOGA WANGA IN DA GHETTO WIF MY CRACKS", played at the decibel level of a jet fighter engine in full afterburner"

Good on you for teaching dice to a newbie

4. FormallyTD

FormallyTD Big Time

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm sorry that all of the annoying things about the contemporary Las Vegas got on your nerves....but this report is f-ing brilliant.

5. Char1

Char1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey Breeze, its too bad about that scene.
    Glad you made a good hit and as well good for you for teaching someone Craps.

I want to try craps this trip (first time at craps). I'm a craps newbie and hope I find someone with your patience give me a craps lesson.

Cheers

6. B S

B S MIA

Ok, then.

7. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the TR. Seems like you really got around. It's good to hear you enjoyed it.

8. LVHooked

LVHooked High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well I know how much you old pricks like to piss and moan, lol so it sounds like you had a great trip. Or maybe try Laughlin next trip or at least Sam's Town.

9. PayTriple

PayTriple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You crack me up! Gotta love Vegas baby!

10. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Glad you enjoyed your trip, Breeze. :evillaugh

11. br549

br549 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LMAO. Great report. I can identify with just about everything you talked about. And my old ass likes to fuck with the yungins. LOL

12. ExVegasLocal

ExVegasLocal Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I still love my trips to Vegas, but I'm so over the Strip AND Downtown. You all can have 'em.

If you do happen to see me on the Strip, please do me a favor....

Men: Do not call me "Dude" or "Boss". Turn your hat forward or better yet, just take it off. Do not try to tell me how to play my hand of blackjack. Don't spill your drink on me.

Ladies: Try to use the word "like" only rarely. Don't stop in a main walkway to have a conversation. Pull your skirt down - I can't tell if you are a hooker or not.

And while we are at it, get off my lawn.

Meanwhile, I'll be at Red Rock.

13. Gargamel

Gargamel Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice TR:thumbsup:

Quote of the day:
    "...pools with water the color of skim milk, people who stand in the water for hours sucking beer and never leaving their spot..."::ssst:

Iv'e been to Fremont St. 3 times and each time it was way too loud. But when in Rome.

For no good reason a pic:
    oldschool.JPG

14. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hope your luggage makes it back quicky.....the airlines are usually pretty good about getting it to you within a couple days. Sorry you didn't enjoy the trip more after the long wait between trips. I know many love it but honestly, if I never visited DT Vegas again, it wouldn't hurt my feelings. I only venture DT now when a traveling companion wants to go. The last time I was DT, I sat at a slot in Golden Nugget and the chair was soaked. Damn, I thought someone spilled a drink. Nope not that lucky, someone pissed there. Disgusting! Short stay downtown as I had to head back to the strip to shower, change and toss what I was wearing.

15. Joe Strummer

Joe Strummer VIP Whale

Breeze -
    Thanks for the TRAVIS BICKEL trip report !
    "Are you talkin' to me ?"
    "Here, buy yourself another tattoo while your at it."
    damn funny sh*t

16. Blonde_4_ever

Blonde_4_ever LasVegas4ever.com

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hate to state the obvious, but are you sure Vegas trips are still your "thing"?:)
    Hope you get your stuff back!

17. retro

retro Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, making me not feel so bad for not being there this month. Do you play both craps & BJ at Harrahs or only craps? I only gamble DT these days, prefer BJ & VP. Hang out a lot at the Gate when my bartender is working. They play more and more alternative music, which I really like, mixed in with the other stuff. Don't remember hearing rap, thank God. I've been told the party pit at the Rio plays classic rock. My friend dances there, she was telling me the songs and by who once when she said a Bon Jovi song, but said by Aerosmith. After a second, I corrected her to which she said "Whatever, it's some old guy group!" Ouch!! They only time I experienced anything close to what you describe was at hogs n heifers. Bitch called me out because I covered my ears once while she was on the megaphone. I calmed myself down my envisioning what she (with tat's) will look like when she's in her forties (if she doesn't OD first). Why not El Cortez for BJ? Love their double deck shoe, also will play their 25 min. table if I want less company. Hope your next trip is better

18. Rodent Pack

Rodent Pack S.S. Minnow

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Breeze...Thanks for restoring my faith in our generation. So, so true.

Loved the report...looking forward to having you fill in some of the other parts of your trip.

19. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh, I did see Heart at The House Of Blues. I love them, even though the band was started by a draft dodger, I still love them and their songs. Nancy Wilson has aged very gracefully and still plays some great guitar. Ann Wilson has lost at least 50 lbs. or maybe more and looks in very good shape. The VOICE!!! One of a kind. She sounded great.

Tip: When picking seats for shows at HOB, do not pick on the sides. I couldn't see the lead guitarist at all, but did have an excellent view of the girls.

Negative: They didn't play Magic Man.

Turned a profit on Craps. I feel like after many years, I finally am getting a handle on this game. I play Pass Line with odds and Place the inside numbers. Very rarely venture into the center of the table. Two different guys pointed out backing up your numbers with Field bets. Generally speaking, Craps tables have the best people to gamble with.

Suzee at Mirage and JJ at GN were fun Blackjack dealers. Generally held my own in BJ. Maybe I have just finally accepted 6:5. Still 3:2 on Fremont.

The magic of 3CP is over, although I did have one Straight Flush. I used to get 5, 6 or more per trip.

Too many goof ball side bets now.

I did meet a few nice young guys. There was a group all wearing Hurley tee shirts. I ran into them twice, at TI and CP. Decent dudes.

VP bars very tight. Only one Royal w/deuces on a quarter machine. It only paid 100 points versus 125 it should have. Maybe 5 or so 5OAK's. It's still okay for scarfing up drinks.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
  20. westcanguy

westcanguy High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you for the trip report. I had a good laugh not just because of what you said but because it's true. Usually by the end of day 3, I've had more than enough of people. I refuse to go to Vegas on a weekend. It's Sunday to Thursday for me!

Glad to hear you enjoyed Heart. I've seen them a couple times now and the girls never fail to entertain. They are old school and kick ass.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.