1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Room Rewards

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by willywilkes, Aug 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. willywilkes

willywilkes Low-Roller

Okay so I've been reading through the T&C but haven't used a room reward since the change to one night per trip and am seeking clarity.

First off, it seems they don't have the room dates linked in the reward info anymore. I am looking at MB and googled and found the dates: http://www.mgmresorts.com/myVEGASdates/pdfs/MandalayBay/MB%20-%20MYVEG1.pdf My dates appear to be eligible- does anyone know if these calendars are still being used? I know the calendars are not a guarantee of availability.

I know it's one night per player, but if my partner and I each buy the reward and there is availability, can I still book both in one call and have them linked?

I don't currently have an offer but if I get a comp room offer, can I back it into myvegas bookings? I have before (at other mlife properties), but theoretically should it work that I get comp on my first night, then use myvegas in partner's name second night, and my name for myvegas for the third night?

Any input would be appreciated- thanks!

2. M_ILIS

M_ILIS VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I might be wrong, but I believe all of the room rewards now available are coded MYVEG2, whereas the calendar you found has dates for the old MYVEG1 code. Change that in the web address and then you'll see the correct calendar. (Depending on when you purchased the room reward, it might be MYVEG1, so maybe look at the reward purchase email or at the reward itself in the app to figure it out.) It's weird and frustrating that some of the room rewards no longer include the link to the calendar of available dates.

3. willywilkes

willywilkes Low-Roller

Thanks- it does say myveg2 in the T&C and my dates are not an option when I change the URL- oh well, I had assumed room rewards were a thing of the past for me anyways.

4. myvegas79

myvegas79 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are there really ZERO weekend free rooms now? I can't believe how expensive the weekend rooms are, and used to use MyVegas to get our room free.

5. djcoach

djcoach Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ok so here is my question. I am going for a Wed-sunday night trip. and at MGM properties I can only book one Room Reward Correct. So does that allow me to use the rewards where I get discounted weekdays and weekends at a place like Monte Carlo for the whole trip?

Then Follow up if I book a comp night at MGM and book at say GVR that is accepted correct since GVR isn't an MGM property.

Final Question if I book Thursday at MC discounted then I book Sunday at Excalibur discounted is that allowed since its discounted nights or do those fall in with the comp rooms also?

6. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep weekends gone. Weekdays quite limited. The golden days are far behind us.

This trip gf and I both got mgm for a night via myvegas. Currently 61.75 a night before fees. Weekend we have to pay 60/night before fees at linq.

Our mirage weekend award night was worth almost $250 right before the last trip.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.