1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Cosmopolitan Buffet, Is it worth it?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by shemesh, Aug 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shemesh

shemesh Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cosmopolitan Buffer, Is it worth it?

What is the best item on the menu there?

2. maanto21

maanto21 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wicket Spoon in my opinion is the best buffet on the strip. The price is pretty standard to all the major strip properties however the way they display and portion the food allows you to enjoy all facets of the buffet without getting full on the first round. I think they also include bloody marys and a few other basic drinks to make a better experience. Someone else might clarify that for you..
    You should try the bone marrow which is very popular!

3. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I second Wicked Spoon as being the best. I've tried Bellagio and Wynn's buffet and I feel that Wicked Spoon offers a more diverse spread. It's the only buffet I would return to for another trip.

4. roycpa

roycpa High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As I've stated elsewhere, Wicked Spoon generally gets very high praise from adventurous eaters. If you are looking for prime rib, shrimp, chicken, potatoes and Caesar salad and not for the "exotic" dishes, there are better places. If you like bone marrow and other things not found on any other buffet in town, this is the one for you. We always hit it up at least once, and like lots of other buffets, it's not always perfect, and the quality has declined some over the last few years.

5. tex55

tex55 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree with the above comments that Wicked Spoon is the best buffet on the Strip. Pricey, but have interesting choices every time I eat there.

6. double_faces

double_faces Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also remember that because the food is "out there" sometimes, it's best to find a way to get it fresh. Bone marrow that sits is not terribly appetizing, but when it's hot and fresh it's great.

7. shemesh

shemesh Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    what is the typical weekend lunch or dinner costs for WS? do they have the split alaskan king crab legs? nice steak? is there usually a long wait on the weekends

8. wigwam_salesman

wigwam_salesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll tell you what I've learned from Vegas buffets. They are all buffets. Wicked Spoon is good and worth a visit but you're never going to get a restaurant experience. It seems like a lot of people (myself included) expected something more from a buffet but you're never going to feel like a valued customer.

I'd definitely give it a go, but for me the lunchtime menu at Milo's is a much better deal. You get treated like royalty for a great price.

9. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I may beg to differ here. The old Stardust Warehouse Buffet! It was a fun place to go and the food was great. This was, of course, before the 2000s upscaling and the wannabe foodie buffets. The egg chef and the carving station guy had real personalities. ("Now is that enough, or you want me to {pause - sly grin} hit ya again?", said with a very smooth Barry White type voice.) The one waiter always remembered us and he would actually sit down with us and shoot the $#!+ for a while after we were finishing up.

I miss the Stardust very much! :(

10. wigwam_salesman

wigwam_salesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stand corrected. Anyone reading this thread, please take my response in the context of the current day.

Wish I had been going to Vegas back then.

11. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I miss it too!

We usually hit the Wicked Spoon once per trip. I am a big fan of their angry mac 'n cheese. Our experience has been that they remove items that have sat for a while and bring out freshly made.

12. KBT2012

KBT2012 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you like buffets it doesn't get much better than Wicked Spoon. I've eaten there many many times and never once at a bad experience.

13. James G

James G Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do anyone know pricing?

14. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    IMHO, It really depends on why you go to a buffet . . .

If you go just to ingest MQ (Mass Quantities), then NO. There are cheaper deals on the strip
    If you go to eat high quality food but are "picky", then NO. You are better off at a speciality restaurant

If you want to eat a variety of foods that are prepared well or like to "sample" many, many dishes, then YES, a resounding YES!!!

IMHO, the best items on the menu were everything at the Asian station.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2015
  15. PayTriple

PayTriple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Keep in mind the restaurant experience will cost you restaurant prices, i.e. at least twice the price.
    Milo's lunch is a great Vegas deal, but you only have a very limited menu, maybe 9 items from which to choose.
    The Wicked Spoon, Bellagio's, and Bacchanal are terrific, with the edge going to Bacchanal.

Don't believe people who say you won't get restaurant quality food at these upper level buffets.
    The food is outstanding and in many cases better than you can get in restaurants, depending on your price point.
    It is simply silly to compare a $35 buffet with a $100/person restaurant experience.
    Keep in mind buffets are by definition SELF-SERVICE, so I don't understand why one would go to a buffet and expect to get treated at ALL, let alone "get treated like royalty": its a buffet!

16. PayTriple

PayTriple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Talking about some buffet that doesn't exist anymore may be nostalgic (add a "sigh" here), but doesn't really help the OP with his question.

17. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is very true. I can't think of a current now-open buffet in Las Vegas that truly has restaurant quality food. Occasionally one of them will come close, but every buffet seems to be consistently inconsistent anymore.

I'm sooooo glad that the older generation of my family turned us on to Las Vegas back in the 1970s!

18. scc31

scc31 Low-Roller

Highly recommend Wicked Spoon for Lunch. Not so much for Dinner.

19. Jaygee77

Jaygee77 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do you mind elaborating? I was planning to go for dinner coming up...

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.