1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

How early for Halloween Costumes?

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by grel, Aug 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grel

grel Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi

It looks like I will be taking a trip out there sometime in October. The exact time is to be determined, but it looks likely to be one or two weekends before Halloween.

So, I was curious... I've never actually been to Vegas for Halloween, but I assume there's likely to be plenty of costumes. But how early do they start coming out? Halloween is on a Saturday this year, so I'm guessing it'll likely be just that Friday/Saturday night?

Any input appreciated, thanks!

2. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have visited Vegas on the 25th-28th of October a couple times, including a concert with 10k people dressed up silly for Jimmy Buffett, but saw no evidence of Halloween.

3. LoveDowntownVegas

LoveDowntownVegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fremont St. starts Halloween activities in October w/ random stage shows, etc with a hallow theme, but I've never seen the general public dressed up (other than the occasional group who is dressing up to have some fun, but that happens year round).

4. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    friday saturday the weekend

5. grel

grel Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cool. Thanks all, for the feedback

6. abileneblues

abileneblues Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We've gone at Halloween the past couple of years and will be again. We usually get there 2-3 days before and stay 2-3 days after.

I think every year I've seen a few people dressed up early or late. I talked to one couple that had to leave before the weekend last year, but were determined to wear their costumes in Vegas. The majority will be on the weekend closest to Halloween if not on Halloween.

Halloween is an awesome time to go. The weather is fantastic and some people dress up to the extreme. If you slam a shot every time you see a naughty nurse costume, well, you'll probably be drunk anyway. No drinking game needed.

7. wigwam_salesman

wigwam_salesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd like to put forward the case for going downtown for Halloween instead of the strip: It's better. By a big margin.

Costumes are mainly reserved for the night itself in my experience and if you need one the big costume shops are open until 8pm on Halloween (although personally, I'd get there before 5 in case they decide to shut up early)

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.