1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Wayward Pines -- any other TV shows to suggest?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by vwhiten, Aug 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i've got through 5 episodes so don't spoil the ending -- although from other blogs I have see there are complaints about Season 1 ending -- Matt Dillon still looks good for being my age -- I wish they would have kept Juliette Lewis on longer. Another series I watched recently was season 1 of True Detective -- Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson were great even when the story line started to be a little slow.

I know there are a few other TV series favorite threads. I have never seen any of the Breaking Bad or Better Call Saul series -- don't think I want to. And I have only briefly watched a few minutes of the Sopranos -- maybe it is just me but I kind of shy away from things that glorify drugs and violence -- I don't mind crime and grit/violence when the bad guy gets his comeuppance. I watched Sons of Anarchy up until the last season - still haven't watched but I know how it ends.

I love crime drama but I am burned out on all the CSI and Law and Order Shows.

I've been watching the Transporter TV series (British) with my husband and kind of enjoying that too.

2. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You are right around the middle and some explanations.
    Breaking Bad was great, but not your thing
    Better call Saul is a great new show and has nothing to do with breaking bad except the same character (Saul) from his early years when he was Jimmy. I like better than breaking bad, lots of humor mixed with drama. You will root for Jimmy. And since you haven't seen BB you have no clue how he ends up being Saul.
    The Killing was pretty good.

3. Mrs. K.

Mrs. K. Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you like crime drama, The Shield and Southland are both good but more about cops than crimes. And personally, I liked the end of Wayward Pines!

4. kps

kps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm a fan of Murder in the First. They are into their 2nd season.

5. Jimbucc

Jimbucc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Where can I watch episodes for Wayward Pines? It wasn't on Netflix the last time I checked.

6. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have time warner cable and all 10 episodes are on Fox Prime time on demand.

7. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agreed, but most of the main characters in the Sopranos meet their maker by the end.

As for TV series, my bride likes several on Netflix: Monarch of the Glen, Last Tango in Halifax, Heartland. These are not crime-based series.

It's getting to the point that we can't watch regular TV that's 1/3 commercials and 2/3 program. The recent sell off of media companies like Disney and Viacom is due to the weak ad market as folks abandon cable in favor of streaming. I rarely watch sports, so for me, ESPN is the bad guy grabbing an inordinate share of my cable bill each month, I can't wait for its comeuppance.

8. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For Sci-Fi, I would recommend Killjoys (Space Bounty Hunters) and Dark Matter (6 people wake up on a space ship with amnesia, and find out that they're all mercenaries)

Both are in their first season.

9. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Twin Peaks. Its 25 years old now, but it was the show that paved the way for shows like Wayward Pines. Its also the best TV drama of the nineties. It told a serialized story long before the shows of the TV golden age started doing it

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  10. joesmom

joesmom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    +1 on Twin Peaks - I loved that show.
    Did you watch Lost? Last show I was really addicted to.

11. parallax

parallax High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you are looking for a fun comedy, I would recommend Arrested Development.

12. mdee

mdee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It ended a few weeks ago. I'd say look for it to hit Netflix in a few months.

13. mdee

mdee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The ending to Wayward Pines seemed rushed like they had to wrap it up quick!
    CSI is gone but expect to see a 2 hour Finale in the coming months. PS: CSI Cyber sucks!
    If you have Netflix you should watch BLUE BLOODS, HAWAII FIVE-O and HELL ON WHEELS!

I just re-watched the first season of Blue Bloods and it took about 5 shows for them to get it going.
    Hell On Wheels is a great Series! It's set in the old West - Building the railroad.
    Also on Netflix - The Walking Dead!

14. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Paulie Walnuts survived!

If you want crime drama, nothing beats The Wire. It's not on Netflix, you will have to get Amazon Prime.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.