1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

80s music

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by Vegasaddict2014, Aug 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vegasaddict2014

Vegasaddict2014 Low-Roller

Hiya, I'm looking for some suggestions. We are a couple late twenties/early thirties and we are looking for some where that plays 80s music where we can dance.

I feel out of my depth in the large clubs and don't enjoy it like I used to. I basically just want to get drunk and dance to karma chameleon - lol.

TIA

2. sarah9nascar

sarah9nascar VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mizuya at Mandalay Bay or Bourbon Room at the Venentian.

Sema Show
    Golden Knights here we come. Go Dallas Stars!
  3. touche22

touche22 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't have many suggestions but i would like to piggyback as a bunch of us are going later this month and are looking for similar suggestions. We did go to the irish pub at NYNY one night and it was busy and fun and lots of dancing. Next night it was a ghost town (not sure which nights are good)
    I google the mizuya place suggested but its a sushi bar? Probably not much dancing?
    anyway, look forward to the replies in this thread.

4. Vegasaddict2014

Yeah I've been to Mizuya but on that night it was dead and by dead I mean we were literally the only two in there eating. I might check out that NYNY one.

5. sarah9nascar

sarah9nascar VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You aren't going late enough to Mizuya. There's an 80's band that play named Phoenix and lots of dancing by the stage.

Sema Show
    Golden Knights here we come. Go Dallas Stars!
  6. hedgehog

hedgehog Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :eek2

7. Hobofrank

Hobofrank Prime Minister of Idiocracy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There also an open bar with lighted Saturday Fever dance floor that plays 80s and 90s music
    It's called Eye Candy at Mandalay Bay

8. Lovegas95

Lovegas95 Too much work...need more play.

Trips to Las Vegas:
  9. vegasfan

vegasfan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Carnaval Court outside between Harrahs and the Linq is an outside bar that is always fun.They had an 80s band playing in the afternoon last time we were there. Its a great place to stop and take a little break while wandering down the strip

10. Aces and Eights

Aces and Eights VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I heard that Spasmatics plays 80s music at South Point on one of the nights a week.

11. billduhcat

billduhcat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Check out the band Jet Velocity. They play at carnival court and some other venues.

12. Vegasaddict2014

Thanks everyone

13. Leerawhide

Leerawhide Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  14. abileneblues

abileneblues Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've heard that there is a lounge at Bally's where you can hear 80s music. We didn't find any music being played a couple of years ago when we tried.

One night a couple of years ago we were in a lounge in Paris that had a band playing 70s & 80s. That was on a Wed. or Thur. night.

I've heard that some nights at Cleopatra's Barge they play 80s music, but we haven't tried that one yet.

Some nights in the lounge at Gold Coast (off strip) they'll have a band playing 70s & 80s stuff but we haven't been there in 2-3 years so I can't say currently.

15. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bally's used to have a Motown type band, but the last few times I passed through there was no live music.

Paris has lately been alternating between two bands which I would describe as pop-funk. It's good and danceable but definitely not 80s rock, which I think is what you're looking for.

Planet Ho used to have rock bands on the weekends on the stage toward the north end of the complex, but lately it seems that's more off than on.

16. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ballys--heard a good girl band in June, but never did hear anyone last month. They said they are on 30 day contracts.
    Paris--always have fun no matter which band is playing. But more "wedding" cover bands from 70s to today, focusing on funk/disco.
    Bourbon Room definitely has 80s rock but not live. Not really a dance floor. But I LOVE this place!

17. slimmy28

slimmy28 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw the Spazmatics about 3 weeks ago. They play on Saturday nights in the South Point Showroom. $5 cover, but they play for about 3 hours (10:30 to 1:30). Their schtick is interesting, but their choice of music is right on. They play everything from the 80's, rock, pop, even a little rap (Run DMC, Young MC, etc.) The place was very full, but everyone had a seat at a table from what I saw. The dance floor is accessible and large. During the Band's break, they played Videos and the party kept going (including the dancing). I highly recommend. Worth the $5 cover and a cab ride. Drinks are fairly priced as well. Good mix of locals and non locals from what I saw.

18. EastCoastVegasFan!

EastCoastVegasFan! VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bourbon Room at the Venentian and Cleopatra's Barge are good spots. Eye Candy at MB isn't always great, lots of empty nights.

July 19th - July 24th
  19. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There's always an 80's band on at least one of the three Fremont Street stages on weekends.

Bill

20. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Keep watch on LVA also. Last weekend I just happened to notice that Missing Persons were playing downtown while I was there. They played at the Downtown Billiards, and it was only $12 admission. Only about 100 people were there, and the sound was great. Now Dale Bozzio has gotten, um, lets just stay interesting.... Really fun show though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.