1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Food options @ 4 Queens?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by QIKFIX, Aug 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QIKFIX

QIKFIX Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What do we have to eat there these days?
    And rough prices for a meal, lunch / dinner.

Q

2. Dewey089

Dewey089 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've only eaten at Magnolia's.
    http://www.fourqueens.com/pdf/magnolia_menu.pdf

I did not much like the seafood. They usually have a nice prime rib special and I get that.
    One thing to remember is that if you use a coupon, (or perhaps get a special?) the comp dollars you have earned with play cannot be used to pay. The way to get around that is to charge the meal to your room and then you can use comp dollars at check out. Also, their computers seem to be down a lot. And there are often long lines. Sometimes I go up and ask if the computers are up before I decide to eat there.
    Finally, for larger parties (perhaps 5 or more ?) the tip is on the bill. Since you pay at the register, if you don't notice that it has been included and leave money on the table, then you will be double tipping because the table tip won't stay there very long.
    That being said, my experience is that comp dollars add up quickly, so this is one way to use them up. They are good for about a year. Even eating at Magnolia's while I was there last stay, I come back in with $40 this year almost ready to expire before I can use them.
    Often long lines at normal mealtimes.

3. FullBoat

FullBoat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    High end they have Hugo's Cellar.
    They also have a Subway that's open 24/7 if I remember right.

4. Dewey089

Dewey089 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  5. nhcris

nhcris VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I really like Chicago Brewing Company. It's a tiny little bar connected to Magnolia's. They have good beer (& great root beer if you need a break from drinking) & half price appetizers for Happy Hour. I've not had the pizza, but have heard it is very good. I usually get the filet mignon sliders ($4.50), chicken fingers ($3) or the quesadilla ($4.50) and they are all very good. It's embarrassingly cheap :) The bartenders are excellent & personable as is usually the case at all the Four Queens Bars.

The great thing about Downtown is that everything is so close, you have loads of food options unless you need to use F/B credit.

6. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Didn't like Magnolias. Very slow, very bad service. Average at best food. Hugo's is fantastic.

7. justmare

justmare High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree that Hugo's is fantastic. Tableside salad bar and bananas foster are both unbeatable, and the New York steak with veggies (asparagus the last 2 times), mashed potatoes, and sautéed mushrooms are great!

I've only eaten at Magnolia's twice. Once for breakfast and once for lunch. My breakfast was fine (over-medium eggs, bacon, hash browns, and toast), but my husband wasn't happy with his. He said the scrambled eggs tasted like powdered eggs.

However, the Gumbo was recommended highly to me, so we tried it for lunch and it was STELLAR. I've had gumbo in New Orleans at various places and loved it, but Magnolia's gumbo beat them out completely! And it's cheap -- a bowl is only $4.49 and is big enough to be a meal in itself.

8. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If over 55 with their card you can get 20% off at Hugos, Magnolia, Chicago, and a couple others

9. clarissamaeb

clarissamaeb Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Chicago Brewing co is definitely great. I like to play at the bar and drink for free. Almost always friendly bartenders and they are open til 1:30 am. The deep dish pizza is pretty good and the thin crust pizzas are even better.

10. Sue24

Sue24 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do I remember that there is a birthday special at Magnolia's?

Or is it some slot play in your bday month?

11. gambler

gambler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I seem to remember from reading the fine print last week that whatever special it was, it was valid for the month of your birthday.

Funny how I remember the fine print, rather than the offer. Alcohol does that to you I guess.

I'm thinking it might have been for 50% off at Magnolias.

12. sura83

sura83 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    From their website, for 55 and older

2 for 1 Meal in Magnolia's for your Birthday (must be used in the month of your birthday)

Not sure if that applies to anyone younger than 55.

13. mwig

mwig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A better birthday option is to cross the street to Binion's. I'm not sure if it advertised but you get a free entree at the cafe in your birth month. No difference if you are with someone but great if you are solo.

Magnolia's is basic coffee shop fare at roughly $10 per. Broad menu though so prices are all over the place and service can be spotty.
    Chicago Brewing has great apps and great pizza. Cost is roughly the same but if you go app and pizza you are closer to $12-13 per.
    Hugo's is great. Cost without drinks will avg about $45-$50 per person. That price includes salad, sorbet, entree and chocolate dipped fruit. We love it.

Comp accrual was previously mentioned. The rate is 0.625% on everything except 10/7 double bonus where it is half. So, $6.25 for every $1,000 in action and they have great pay tables.

14. keno60

keno60 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Chicago Brewing has a great Tenderloin Sliders plate. $10.

15. tom.mckenzie

tom.mckenzie Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like Magnolia's, especially for breakfast. The soups there are usually very good, esp. the gumbo, like Mare said. Chicago Brewing is a good choice, esp. at happy hour. Also really like the club sandwich. I like the pizza, though I miss the old slice and a beer lunch special. Not good for me to eat more than one slice.

I think for the money, Hugo's is terrific. I usually get the salmon, which is in the low 40s.

16. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been to Magnolia's twice. The gumbo is excellent. For entrees, I think you need to really stick to classic diner/coffee shop fare for the best results.

17. mwig

mwig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Magnolia's has some delicious dessert options also. It's very bad for you but sometimes you just have to get a dessert fix at midnight.

18. Pence65

Pence65 Low-Roller

I had a muffaletta sandwich there a few years ago. It could have easily fed 2 or 3 people and was the best sandwich I have ever had!

19. mwig

mwig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree 100%. This is a great menu option. They make a really good chicken fried steak and gravy also. Spam and eggs is better at the Paradise cafe at Fremont. I can't wait to get there...

20. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Magnolia's menu options are definitely hit or miss. The steaks are lousy. A couple of us had the $15.99 rib eye last trip and it was horrendous. I guess someone had to come in last in the third.

The breakfasts are generally pretty great. The philly steak sandwich is awful, made with that prepackaged salty beef crap. The taco salad is delicious, the cobb salad is excellent, with lots of prizes in. The prime rib is great.

Another option is pizza, there are some options from Chicago Brewing next door on Magnolia's menu, excellent pizza.

Never had the lasagne.

The ribs are ok, but there are much better places for ribs downtown.

I heard the crab and bacon omelette was excellent.

Hmm, I don't see pizza on the current menu http://www.fourqueens.com/pdf/magnolia_menu.pdf

I suppose the burgers are burgers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.