1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

El Cortez Food delivered to gamblers

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by QIKFIX, Aug 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QIKFIX

QIKFIX Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has any1 had food delivered to them while playing.

What was the experience like, and how much did you tip?

Q

2. Aplayer2

Aplayer2 wager enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Used this service( Gambling Gourmet ) many times over the past years, always very satisfied. It is a shortened version of the coffee shop menu. We have always enjoyed having appetizers delivered to the bar while playing video poker. If you order at a machine on the floor or a table game they bring a tray real dishes, silverware,condiments everything as if you were seated in the restaurant. It has been a while but they used to accept same discounts and coupons or (point pay 50%off) that were accepted in the cafe, the prices were slightly lower than the cafe. I usually tip 20% of the menu price. BTW you still drink free while you play and eat. I think this is another overlooked value from ElCortez.

Downtown (You're Going to VEGAS again?!!!)
  3. melbedewy

melbedewy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah but to be honest I've found drinks at ElCo to be watered down worse than any joint except CC.

4. Aplayer2

Aplayer2 wager enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So I throw my complimentary watered-down drink in his fat face!--quote from night shift

I disagree, always been well taken care of especially at Parlor Bar, I don't have much experience with floor service except for coffee and juice in the AM. I can imagine that might be spotty.

Downtown (You're Going to VEGAS again?!!!)
  5. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used the service while I was watching UFC fights. It was very good, very basic food. A burger and some fries or something like that on the side. It was a helluva burger though!

6. melbedewy

melbedewy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes floor service is what I am talking about.

7. FullPay

FullPay When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They introduced Gambling Gourmet when they had to ban smoking in the dining room. I thought it was meant to serve those people who couldn't get through a meal without a cigarette, but it was really quite nice. My wife and I were seated at the VP bar and told the server we were going to share the club sandwich. The kitchen split the sandwich and fries onto two separate plates, the server brought them out with covers on a cart, placed wooden trivets on the bar which held the plates and allowed us to play the machines, and gave us real silverware. We continued to play and get comped drinks, the price was cheaper than the dining room and the service was better. After sorting through the paying with points I gave a twenty per cent cash tip.

Bros are back!
  8. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So how much was the burger and fries?

9. vegas superfan

vegas superfan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always think this is weird when I see it. It is one thing at a bar, I guess. But I have seen people at actual slot machines with the food cart beside them. They are getting their food all over the buttons.

10. mwig

mwig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wondered about that aspect. I actually enjoy my time away from the machine. I'm typically playing VP for 10 hours a day so meal time is a nice break.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.