1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Bee sting in the ear.

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Joe, Jul 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Minding my own business on Monday, standing on the driveway waiting for the dog to take care of business, I hear a bee buzzing my ear. The damn thing stung me in my earlobe! Two days later and I look like the old time boxer term...cauliflower ear. The ear seems to keep growing. It doesn't really hurt, more numb, itchy and very red. I had my wife get the magnifying glass out and see if maybe I had a stinger in the lobe, but she couldn't see anything.

I'm not a big one for running to the doctor, but if it looks even worse tomorrow, I might have to. We leave for Vegas Fri morning.

2. LVHooked

LVHooked High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have you taken a couple Benadryl, if not try two before bed. If nothing else they'll help you sleep.

3. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Get some nose putty and make your nose look like it's flattened, then when you get to Vegas, tell your wife to always refer to you (loudly) as "Champ." :poke:

4. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OK Chuck, I got a chuckle out of that. :nworthy:

5. NCAAHoops

NCAAHoops VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Joe not a joke: Put mud on and around the area that got stung. If the stringer is still in there it will come off once all the mud hardens and is washed off. Good Luck

6. Malibugolfer

Malibugolfer High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Joe, more than likely it wasn't a honey bee but a yellow jacket. Yellow jackets are just plain pissed all the time.
    I've been stung between the toes, under my eye and in the roof of my mouth while running track.
    Anti-histamine will help. So does tequilla.

7. Malibugolfer

Malibugolfer High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I spell tequila with 2 ll's since I always drink doubles.

8. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yea, I don't know what got me. I just kind of group Bumble Bee, Honey Bee, Yellow Jackets, Wasps, Hornets and Mud Wasps all in the same group. They all can sting. I never saw what got me and we have all of them around here, but I've never had an aggressive one like this if there was no food or beverage, or even flowers involved. I guess he was having a bad day.

9. STPFan

STPFan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You are the second person today that I heard had bad reactions to a bee sting in the ear. My daughter had to head home today because her nanny had been stung in the ear on Monday and today the swelling on the side of her head is starting to feel weird in her throat. Its not one of the those sudden alergic reaction, but a slow swelling. She left my daughters to go straight to the doctors.

10. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First, you're starting to worry me. But second, "retiredsoccermom" still has kids young enough that require a nanny? When did you retire, at 30? :wink2:

11. sapphirevegas

sapphirevegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The bee was pissed you are going to Vegas without him.

12. VPDana

VPDana High-Roller

I live in the Midwest, St. Louis, MO to be exact.
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you still have probems while in LV, try an Urgent Care Facility. They're usually pretty quick and I'm sure a bee sting could be handled by them.

13. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I was 12 years old at Boy Scout summer camp in Resica Falls, PA, I snuck off with the gang to smoke a cigarette. I sat down on a log and went right through it. It was a massive yellow jacket nest. I ran screaming back through camp and jumped into Marshall's Creek to get them off me. The Scoutmasters caked me in mud and that really soothed the pain. I stopped counting at a hundred stings. Remarkably, I had no ill effects whatsoever.

It was one the earliest chapters in The Breeze Legend.

14. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is reminds of a joke I heard a long time ago about an Indian, a whore house, a paddle, and checking for bees.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
  15. Packer Backer

Packer Backer Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bee Stings??? Take a Benadryl or use the Benadryl cream on the sting.

16. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good idea. Bee stings suck.

17. Huff

Huff Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd go to Dr ASAP for relief! Two weeks ago getting out of car, from out of nowhere, wasp stings earlobe. I thought I'd been shot! Swat and wasp drops to trunk of car instead of bullet. After day 2 the swelling was out of control. Called my Dr and after starting a steroid pack, things started getting back to normal. Hope you have relief soon!

18. queuetee

queuetee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If it was unprovoked, it must have been a wasp. They are nasty and mean all the time. We had a colony set up in our birdhouse late last summer and they were bothering us whenever we went to check the garden. Finally Dh bought a can of wasp spray and after dusk he tiptoed outside, gently put some tape on the opening and let loose with the spray. He sealed up the rest of the opening and let it sit for a couple of days. Needless to say, I had the door open for him in case he disturbed them.

I can't even tell you what the mess looked like when he cleaned out the colony.......ugly.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
  19. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I kept applying Calamine lotion all day yesterday and this morning the swelling had gone down quite a bit. Still bigger than my other ear, but much better.

Thanks all! :thumbsup:

20. JerryD

JerryD Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got stung on the forearm by a red wasp a couple years ago. My entire forearm all the way down to my fingers swelled up to the point I couldn't get my ring off. Took 4-5 days before the swelling went down. And I've never had a reaction to bee stings like that before. To this day when I see a red wasp I run. I don't care what people call me. Those wasps are mean!!

Glad it's getting better Joe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.