1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Raiding the Rock Vault

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by Mirageluvr, Jul 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mirageluvr

Mirageluvr Let's Ride!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anyone seen this show and did you like it? Also, what day of the week did you go, and approximately what percentage of the venue was filled? Thanks.

2. dbueler

dbueler High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've seen this twice, once at the Hilton and then 3 weeks ago at the Trop. The show was flat-out awesome at the Hilton and even better at the Trop. We went on the Wed night before the 4th of July.... Vegas was really empty the Mon-Tues-Wed prior to the 4th (loved that) and the venue was about half full. If you love classic rock by the guys who really sang it, you will love this. I would have happily went again the following night. Honestly, their Stairway to Heaven was the best I've ever heard it done... I thought better than the original artist. Gasp.

The love the audience standing and dancing, I danced my a$$ off that night. I give this show my highest recommendation. Check Trip Advisor, nearly all the reviews are 5 star.

The lead singer from Survivor is my favorite, and the guys will meet with you after the show. Be sure to check Travelzoo and Groupon for discount tickets. I think the Travelzoo deal lets you reserve a specific date in advance. Both are great deals.

I'm taking my 22 yr old son and his 2 friends in October, they are fans of classic rock so I'm taking them to the show. Even though I just saw it a few weeks ago, I'm pumped to get to see it again!
    diane

3. Mirageluvr

Mirageluvr Let's Ride!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awesome review,man...thanks for the heartfelt review. I can't wait to see the show, as I grew up to this music.

4. Tahoejoe2

Tahoejoe2 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Best show in LV. The place is never more than 1/2 full, so buy the cheapest seats you can. They let you move closer.
    I've been three times. Nothing like good 60/70 music.

5. Mirageluvr

Mirageluvr Let's Ride!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, Tahoejoe. This is the music I grew up this listening to, and still enjoy. I scored the deal on living social, and as pointed out, could have bought the deal from travelzoo and booked the seats. I paid for premium tickets so we should have good seats either way.

6. Mirageluvr

Mirageluvr Let's Ride!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, Diane. I have a 20 year old son and he would love the show, as his car radio is always tuned to the classic rock station.

7. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I absolutely love this show; it is a concert experience! I've been several times at Tropicana and could honestly see this every trip. Ladt time, I went on a Friday night and venue was nearly full. Once on a weeknight, only about half full. Check Groupon, Living Social and Goldstar as there is always a deal. Tropicana is very good about letting you pick up the tickets purchased at a discount before the day of the show.

8. hotreds

hotreds Illegitimi non carborundum!

Trips to Las Vegas:
  9. Peachiekeehn

Peachiekeehn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have seen it 3 times with number 4 coming up next month. We bought the premium groupon tickets last time and this time and last time we were in the first row of seating right behind the tables. This is my favorite show in Vegas!

10. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Interesting. I guess I never gave this show much thought. But after reading this thread it's definitely on my list of possibilities. I do love this music for the most part.

11. hotreds

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Then you will love the show, Vic! I was in the first row, so not sure what went on behind me, nor sure why we were in the first row( other than buying our tickets several months in advance.) I was very tempted to air guitar my cane!

12. Mirageluvr

Mirageluvr Let's Ride!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, Peachiekeehn. Hopefully, I'll also be up close and personal.

13. MertyNewJersey

MertyNewJersey Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How would guys compare this to the "Rock of Ages" show?

thanks!!!

14. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They are completely different, Raiding the Rock Vault is a concert. Hands down, RTRV gets my vote!

15. Peachiekeehn

Peachiekeehn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We just take the voucher to the box office a day or two before the date we want to go. The earlier you go the better seats you'll get. Have fun!!

16. Peachiekeehn

Peachiekeehn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was talking to a couple before the show last August and they were concerned because they had gone to Rock of Ages and walked out in the middle. I told them I was pretty sure they'd enjoy this show and sure enough, I looked over at them in the middle of the show and they were rocking out. Saw them after the show and they absolutely loved it!!

17. hotreds

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Liked ROA as well, but as said, totally different than RTRV. ROA tells a story that includes rock tunes, while RTRV is basically a concert of 80s metal tunes.

18. Mirageluvr

Mirageluvr Let's Ride!

Trips to Las Vegas:

19. bignig135

bignig135 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I attend loads of theatre and rock shows and cannot recommend this highly enough! Both times we've been it was midweek and far from full but the crowd were really up for singing along and it was a great atmosphere. We will definitely go back for as long as it runs and unlike some Vegss shows lasts a full two hours. ROA on the other hand was a big disappointment, mainly because although there are a lot of wonderful songs and the group are talented, you are constantly teased by short bursts of riffs, only for the songs to be cut short.

20. MertyNewJersey

MertyNewJersey Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks everyone for the insight!!! Helpful to know the diffference between the 2 and make my "planning" life much easier!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.