1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

How much weight do you gain?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Vegasaddict2014, Jul 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vegasaddict2014

Vegasaddict2014 Low-Roller

How much weight do you gain whilst in Vegas?

I went for 8 nights and had a lot of buffets and other fatty food as well as loads of alcohol (spent a whole day drinking Baileys and I regretted that when I stood on the scales!) and when I got home I'd put on a stone (14lbs) in weight!!! :-O

I'm prepared this time as I'm dieting before I go and hoping to lose 2st (28lbs) before then!

I bet I'm not the only one that goes a bit overboard?!

2. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always come back with extra weight and we walk on average of about 7 miles a day. My worst trip is Jamaica where I typically gain about 8 pounds on an 8 night trip. I attribute it to the all day drinking!

3. dicecube

dicecube Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually walk quite a bit even in summer and avoid buffets so don't have a problem gaining lbs. My biggest indulgence is the "free" drinks that add calories. :)

4. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I gain 3 lbs from a week in Vegas, and that's eating just one meal a day, usually dinner. (I'm not counting the mandatory good luck hotdog at Suncoast, Gold Coast, and Orleans). Of course, non-stop drinking and being away from the gym helps add to the excess baggage.

It typically takes 2 - 4 weeks to get back to "normal" after getting home, and then it's time to go back to Vegas! Extra weight gain is the primary reason I'm reluctant to go on any more cruises, where eating is the main activity. I'm currently trying to get a couple lbs below my "fighting weight" in preparation for the upcoming bout.

5. wellmel

wellmel Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    hmm I'm the opposite. I LOSE weight in Vegas. I skip meals in order to party or do activities. However I am actively trying to change this. I went this past weekend and didn't eat more than a couple bites of a sandwich the first day. The next day was better, we gorged at Bacchanal. But when I'm drinking and doing other things well I just don't want to eat....

6. ACMike

ACMike High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    3-5 pounds

7. cphllps

cphllps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    May 2014, Sun-Sat I gained 5 lbs but was in diet mode. May 2015 same trip length I gained 9 lbs but indulged more so I was ok with that. I lost 50 lbs. Between Mar 2014 and May 2015. :)

8. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I also lose weight when I'm travelling. I usually am on the go a lot and burning a lot of calories walking all around (unlike at home where I'm sitting down at work most of the time). I also don't snack as much when I'm travelling. I don't eat many buffets so I usually don't overeat either. I do like the fremont seafood buffet but even then I mostly eat the crab legs so I don't stuff myself with the other things.

9. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How did you lose the weight? diet plans? It is hard for me to lose weight. I go to the gym 3x a week, do cardio for 45 minutes to an hour those days also. I golf once a week, walking the course and bowl another night and yet I can't lose weight. Like some of the diet commercials it isn't about me overeating but more not eating the right combination of food to help me lose weight (I think). I tried nutrisystems 20 years ago and I lost 30 lbs in 5 months but there isn't a nutrisystems outlet in Hawaii so we have to mail order (expensive) the food to us.

10. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I arrive fluffy, I leave fluffy.

11. cphllps

cphllps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No specific diet or plan just watching the foods I ate. Virtually no white carbs; bread, buns, pasta, potatoes, white rice, etc. Meat with veggies and brown rice or sweet potatoes. Also I logged everything I ate on my fitness pal. I weigh food and read labels. Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day. No processed food, little fast food, no fried foods. I was not active and became so. I think a major component is the accountability of tracking whatever went in my mouth no matter how small it seems.

12. pebbles

pebbles Micro Roller.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I also arrive fluffy, but usually lose about 3-5lb of fluff during a trip. I blame the walking, I don't do much of that at home.

13. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    None. There's so much walking.

14. CIrvine

CIrvine Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Zero. I bring my running stuff and use the treadmill since it's part of the resort fee.

15. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Usually 7 to 10 lbs. I eat a lot and drink a lot. When I get home I can't button my jeans.

16. FXT

FXT VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    None. I always plan to eat 3 meals a day but end up skipping meals because .. alcohol.

17. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We work out like crazy at home and stay in great shape. LV isn't as bad as our JA trips but we always both gain a slight bit. We walk a ton averaging 7 to 9 miles a day but still gain weight. We usually only do one buffet a trip so I just attribute it to the drinking.

18. celticnoel79

celticnoel79 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't usually bother with my weight I'm pretty slim anyway apart from a small beer gut but I'm trying to get into shape for the Calvin Harris pool party, "trying" being the operative word! The Mrs is the same she's "trying" also but she doesn't need to lose weight

19. h0und10

h0und10 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually lose weight there. soo much walking and I always have big plans of eating lots of buffets and nice meals but i get distracted by the pretty lights and forget to eat lol

20. avg35

avg35 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I also, lose weight for a weekend trip in vegas, i lose 3-5 pounds. I attribute that to the 5hrs of sleep I get for the whole weekend.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.