1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Rags to Riches to Rags, is this normal?

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by AUPhil, Jul 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AUPhil

AUPhil Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had to babysit a file server at the office late Friday that was running some patches, so I played MV on Facebook.

I'm a new-ish (two weeks) user and started the session off with 2k red chips and 7k LP. I exclusively played the low-roller version of Excalibur.

After a spin or two, I was hitting the mother lode. I was up to 35k in chips. Then things REALLY got out of hand. I raised my bet to Max Bet (6k at the time) and in 30 minutes was literally at 1.2M chips. The sugar rush evidently wore off, because another 45 minutes later I was down to 100 red chips :(

My questions:

- is this normal?

- how should I have played it better?

Thanks,
    Phil

2. stlrocker

stlrocker Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is really better to stay middle of the road betting, consistantly. My experiences is that it is real difficult to go broke, but the max bet can give you quick riches, then quickly take it away.

3. PaulBowdry

PaulBowdry Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just a learning experience. I personally think the game does this so after you lose chips they want you to buy some. You will lose them no matter what. Best strategy at the beginning is to just make sure the reels keep spinning. It is just a game so if you had fun that is all that counts.

4. Harry Lyme

Harry Lyme VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yup. Agreed. And I agree with STL, also. Especially starting out, if you get way up on chips, just set it on auto and grind out a ton of spins.

Zero-to-hero (and back to zero) runs do happen. I've had maybe 5 or 6, counting two in the last few days. They are great and fun. The blackjack run this morning was a hoot. I thought of saving most of it for another day, but I said screw it and kept going. I honestly said to myself that I've already reached my LP goal so anything else is gravy, and since I was getting 125 LPs every two spins...why the heck not.

Have fun with it, though. Rewards and all that aside, the point of it all is to have fun.

5. Onmyown32

Onmyown32 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As I always say MyVegas giveth & taketh away. BE like WOOOHOOOO I'm up 500,000!!!! Then all of the sudden all I do is lose :-( bye bye.....its ok fun while it lasts.

6. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Keep in mind that the goal of the game is to get gold coins. You can have millions to play with but gold is what buys rewards.

Do the math on what amount works best to fill the pot with the minimal investment.

3000 per spin takes about 7 spins per fill. 60000 takes 3 spins. Makes way more sense to spend less to gert whast you need. 21000 compared to 120000 for the same thing.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.