1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Parking downtown

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Pence65, Jul 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pence65

Pence65 Low-Roller

Haven't been to Vegas in several years but I think I read somewhere that the hotels charge for parking. Is this true?

2. scohitch

scohitch Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep but it's not terribly expensive. If you sign up for a card at The D and play for a bit, you can have it comped. If you'd rather just pay the cost, I believe it's under $10 for several hours.

3. LVHooked

LVHooked High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just use the valet and tip a couple bucks.

4. Tahoejoe2

Tahoejoe2 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So all Hotel Valet parking is free? Except tip.

5. LVHooked

LVHooked High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The only valet downtown that charges, that I know of is DTG. If it's a really busy night they may fill up, and be hotel guests only. But I've never had that happen. And I've parked at the D, 4 Queens, Fremont and the Nugget.

6. TomTWI

TomTWI Custom Title

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always use valet at Main Street very convenient. Only time I ran in to it being hotel guests only was Halloween. Every other time is was easy in and out.

TomTWI

7. dutchvelvet

dutchvelvet VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I use the D valet. Easy to find and they retrieve fast. I believe it is free for players club members. I've never been charged anyways

8. franknic

franknic Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Back in April I parked at the Cal and they just waved me through as I was leaving both times.....

9. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At the Cal and MSS they usually collect the money in advance when you drive into the parking lot. You then have to go to the player's club booth to see if you played enough to get a refund. Going out they don't check you.

There usually is an attendant during the day at the Cal but since he doesn't have someone to break him the gates are open during his lunch break. At night and early morning it is hit or miss whether there is an attendant. At the MSS it is also hit or miss with the attendant, sometimes they are there, other times not. Best thing, if the gates are up then just drive on in. If the gates are down then you probably have to pay for parking. Also note, parking is free for hotel guests, people visiting the restaurants in the hotel and for people with the higher level player's card (like sapphire). You just show your card and they will let you in.

The cost isn't that much though, I think it was $3 to park at the Cal and MSS so you won't have to break the bank to park there. This was earlier in the year so not sure if they raised the rates for parking.

Parking is free at the El Cortez if you are a guest or have a player's card. Sometimes the main parking structure attached to the hotel is reserved for hotel guests only (you have to show your room key), especially in the evenings but they direct others to the parking structure across the street (from the Cabana Suites). A lot of this is because the lot fills up so they only allow guests to park in the attached parking structure. There usually is a guard at the entrance to the parking lot but if no guard then just drive in.

btw, there is free parking on the streets near the El Cortez (if no meters). There are some areas north of the El Cortez that has no development and so some people park in that area to avoid parking costs.

10. franknic

franknic Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No check going in or out......

11. Mirageluvr

Mirageluvr Let's Ride!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I valet park at the MSS, and tip a couple bucks on my way out...never been an issue. I used to valet part at the GN, but the last number of times, valet parking has only been for their guests....surprising, as we gamble, eat, drink and see shows in the GN.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.