1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Video Poker Vp progressive amounts

Discussion in 'Video Poker' started by adbynot, Jul 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adbynot

adbynot High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can someone on the ground put together a list of the best VP progressives currently active in Las Vegas for VMB members.

2. NickPapageorgio

NickPapageorgio OG of the Sal Sagev Hotel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's a heavy lift.

Nick:beer:

3. adbynot

adbynot High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey, just gotta know where to go to get that cheddar!!

4. seviay

seviay High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As soon as one got posted, it would probably be hit. This is just utterly impractical

5. adbynot

adbynot High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not really, there has to be ones out there that make the pay tables playable.

6. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are you looking for the amount the progressive would have to be at to be a positive expectation game? Or are you looking for the current progressive amounts?

First question could be answered with any of the standard VP trainers. I used the WinPoker app when I was in Vegas in June. At Wynn the $.25 BP progressive went really high, the bank of machines were constantly packed. I dumped a few hundred on it and was not the lucky SOB to win. VP is crack.

Second question is practically impossible. As seviay said, the progressive is constantly changing until it hits and starts over.

7. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Waste of time. Post it now and it could be hit a minute later.

8. adbynot

adbynot High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

No, just wondering if when people come across a high progressive if they felt like posting it.

9. TXactuarial

TXactuarial VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My guess is if someone knew that a progressive was unusually high then they would keep that information for themselves. People will pay good money for that information!

10. adbynot

adbynot High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    True, guess I would think about keeping it to myself.

11. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, unfortunately conditions are too fluid to make this be worthwhile. Progressives worth playing often get hit quick because when they become worth playing, they get played a lot and the royal or other target hands get hit fairly quick.

From experience and/or TRs, there seems to be some places where progressives are usually decent (near 100% a good portion of the time).

Luxor 9/5 JoB prog near Playbar.

Vue Bar at D 8/5 Bonus multiway prog

DTG 8/5 DDB multiway prog

Four Queens 9/6 DDB prog at bars, 10/7 DB prog on floor as 10/7 is positive to start

Sam's Town 9/7 DB at Winchester Bar,
    9/7 DB progressive on floor that resets $1500 (always over 100% and earns full points)

12. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Really? You know some of those stay there for weeks or longer, right? And, no matter how high it is, you still have a 1 in 40,000 chance of getting that elusive Royal. The actual paytables will have more influence on your shorter term success. Or, making your money last longer and a better chance of hitting that Royal.

13. TXactuarial

TXactuarial VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's true, but advantage play gamblers are not as concerned with short-term success or bankroll limitations. People concerned with those things probably don't realize when a progressive jackpot crosses the threshold to +EV.

14. SandsFan

SandsFan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually become interested in a progressive when it is 40% premium ($1400 on a normal $1000 Royal). Having said that, I have played lower if I am feeling it. I've hit $1666 on quarters at the Cal, hit $1091 Riverside Laughlin which I only played to sit by my dear wife, hit $5639 on $1 at Horseshoe Bossier and the one I missed was $27500+ on $5 at Harveys lake Tahoe when the guy opposite of me hit it. We were the only two playing and when I saw the progressive drop back to $20000, my heart sank.

The 3 P Trip (Paris and Palms)
  15. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe a sticky where people can post it if they see it? I agree joe it can be a waste of time but an awful waste.

16. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So, for all those folks that play the VP Progessive that is "positive", tell us some stories about hitting it.

17. thefish2010

thefish2010 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looks like somebody had the idea but has no data - http://www.lasvegasprogressives.com/ . Seems like a good idea but as others have said, I'm guessing not too many people are going to share the info because if they know enough to realize that it's a +EV jackpot worthy of sharing with others, they'll play it themselves without the increased competition. The only time I envision people sharing is if the stakes on the machine are outside of their bankroll and they couldn't play it anyway.

18. wanker751

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well it is not about hitting it but the opportunity to do so.... odds for a royal are the same for 4k coins or 8k... so why not take 5the stab at 8k if it is there?

19. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The odds aren't the same if you're playing optimally. If the royal is doubled, you're over 20% more likely to hit a royal. 3 to royal beats all high pairs and two pair at DDB. At JoB, everyone's favorite royal hold Ace Ten suited is a basic strategy play.

As for a progressive report, if anyone wants to be kind enough to report what they see, why not just put it in the bartop sticky?

20. wanker751

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have never seen a double but once again you gave me great info something I did not think of! at bonus or jacks do you toss high pairs or two? Or does it stay the same because of the 2 for 1 two pairs

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.