1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

College Football 2015

Discussion in 'The Sports Book' started by InDaGreen, Jul 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InDaGreen

InDaGreen Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've placed my early game of the year and totals bets, but had nowhere to discuss them. Until now. I figured I'd open a thread for everyone to discuss everything and anything CFB-related.

I went heavy on Boise State over 9.5 wins and also took TCU over 9.5, both at the Mirage.

On 5Dimes, I took BYU +14 at UCLA, Utah State +3.5 at Washington, BYU +5 at Michigan, Oregon -1.5 at Arizona State, and Ohio State -6.5 at Michigan State for early action.

There are a couple intriguing lines (Baylor over 9.5 wins, Georgia Tech at 6/1) to win the ACC still out there that have me tempted to drive back out before the season begins. Looking ahead to the start of the season, I really like Arizona State to win at Texas A&M and same for Cal at Texas, so those will be strong moneyline plays for me.

2. FuzzyDiceCraps

FuzzyDiceCraps VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm a big CFB bettor. I'll do futures like wins total, but generally don't pick up lines for specific games this far in advance.

I'm heading to vegas in a couple weeks and will play some futures, then do most of my in-season betting online, with a local, or will make a couple more in-season trips to Vegas for that purpose (currently have one in Nov. and Dec. planned). I don't have much to add at the moment, but wanted to comment so I remember to check this thread moving forward.

Taking the wife to a work conference
  3. Brick

Brick Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for starting this thread. I am kind of new to CFB betting but plan to place some futures bets on season win totals and NCAA champion (OSU) when I visit Vegas next month. I'm not an OSU fan, but they look really good and coach Meyer knows a thing or two about winning.

4. OhioStateAlum

OhioStateAlum High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't bet much college football but it is by far my favorite sport. The pageantry and passion in college athletics simply cannot be replicated at the professional level.

These Buckeyes seem to be as loaded as any team in recent memory, but repeating is the most difficult thing to do in sports.

I'm interested to see what could be de facto playoff elimination games between Baylor & TCU, Ohio State & Michigan State, and Alabama & Auburn. Also interested in whether the Pac 12 or ACC will cannibalize themselves to the point that it allows another conference to sneak two teams into the playoff. My playoff picks right now are Auburn, Ohio State, Baylor, & Oregon.

I also can't wait until the Buckeyes just pillage the shit out of the Big House November 28.

5. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love betting college football...I find the lines to be looser than the NFL, NBA and MLB...a couple years ago I had a fantastic run and had a couple teams that I would run with weekly and they continuously cashed.

I'll be out in Vegas in Sept and one of my favorite things to do is park my ass in a sports book chair early in the morning and stay put until the PAC-12 and MWC late nighters finish up

6. SanDiego13

SanDiego13 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ive flown into Vegas the last two years around mid August to make some win total wagers but noticed the few books I went to (LVH and Paris) only had top 25 teams it looked like. However, the articles I've read stated a larger amount of win total teams like WSU, UW, Oregon St (example: pac12). Does anyone know if teams not in the top 25 will have won totals in Vegas?

7. FuzzyDiceCraps

FuzzyDiceCraps VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have you ever asked at the desk? My experience has been they will let you bet about anything, but sometimes they may have to find the line. They often only advertise the ones that will "catch" a gambler's eye as they walk past. But walk up and ask and they can find it.

I always bet win totals for "my" teams (Go BUCKS!), but last couple years I've also placed bets for my brother's teams (Cincinnati and Florida International), but had to ask at the desk for the lines. With FIU, they had to "research" it, but I went back an hour later and they had it for me.

As for OSU as National Champion, I'm so tempted to do it, but I'm also leary. Its so hard to go back-to-back. The last 3 games of last year were an incredible run of + money wins....B1G Champ, vs, Bama, vs. Oregon, so I'd love to put some of that into a future for the national championship, I'm just not sold. I can see the QB situation being a serious distraction all season long.

Taking the wife to a work conference
  8. IxAccDnf

IxAccDnf VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    a college football Saturday is my version of March Madness multiple games kicking off at various points over the course of the day I love it

9. SanDiego13

SanDiego13 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is really helpful, I never even thought of asking if it wasn't on the board! I'll give it a shot. Thanks so much for the suggestion

10. Megapixels

Megapixels Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If MGM sells the Mirage, what happens to your futures bets?

11. InDaGreen

InDaGreen Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's a good question, actually. I don't remember reading about any sports betting issues when the LVH switched over to the Westgate, so I'm guessing I'd be able to cash them at the Mirage regardless of who owns it

12. POPO2012

POPO2012 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yup thanks for opening the thread. It's time. I'm also an OSU fan, live outside Columbus, and managed to get a bet placed through friends on the OSU / Virginia Tech game with OSU giving 14. Then of course the suspensions of this years knuckleheads gets released. Oh well deep talent and Urban loves revenge. Looking forward to using this thread for October trip fellas Thank You .

13. InDaGreen

InDaGreen Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When are you going to be out there in October? I think I'll be out there on the 17th, the night of the USC/Notre Dame game and GGG fight at MSG.

14. POPO2012

POPO2012 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yup you got it we are invading Orleans on Oct. 17,18,19 for a football weekend. We have a group of 11 this time, mostly from Columbus area and two from Cleveland area.

15. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

For you Ohio St fans, any idea what the spread will be Sept 19 against Northern Illinois. NIU had done quite well against the spread in recent years against the bigs, but took a major whipping last year from Arkansas and Marshall. I wondering is that magic dust might be gone.

16. MrSeanHiggs

MrSeanHiggs Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Huskies won last 2 years at Iowa and Northwestern so OSU won't be overlooking them. Ohio State is in a home, get fat part of schedule.. Off of Hawai'i and Western Michigan on deck. Line might be a little inflated, but I think Northern Illinois is a decent play on here.-- 5 straight MAC Championship Game appearances. I will be watching for this opening number

17. MrSeanHiggs

MrSeanHiggs Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone get down on games yet?

18. POPO2012

POPO2012 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey Chef I can tell you they have a sick amount of depth this year and look for Urban to crush anyone in his path now that his recruits are starting.

19. InDaGreen

InDaGreen Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry I didn't get the chance to post anything regarding Week 1, but got caught up watching and attending games. Hope you fared well.

If you want to use Notre Dame against Virginia, I'd suggest jumping on the Irish early in the week. After the Irish looked so good dismantling Texas and Virginia looked so bad against UCLA, I could see a wave of ND money that pushes the line to two touchdowns or more.

20. Brick

Brick Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ohio State looks really strong again. Maybe the best football team in Ohio.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.