1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Costo Rental Car Deals

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by NurseLisa, Jul 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NurseLisa

NurseLisa High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Costco is having a special with Alamo right now, you get $25 off your reservation (not sure how many days minimum) but I got a mid-sized SUV for $73 for 4 days.
    Check it out!

2. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's a good deal. I always book car rentals with Costco. I have an Enterprise reservation through Costco for my trip in September, it was the cheapest. I just went back in an it's still cheaper than Alamo but I guess it all depends on when you're booking. I like having the extra driver included at no charge.

3. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been booking through Costco for years now - and within that, whichever company gives me the car I want at the best price. Varies by location (and sometimes by date - just back from Milwaukee and Budget this time, but last time Enterprise was cheapest, and Avis before that....)

4. NandJfrmNJ

NandJfrmNJ VIP Whale

Do you mean an extra discount besides their regular discount? I'm only seeing the regular discount of $25 off.

5. 16gauge

16gauge Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    even with the costco discount, our 7/26 - 7/31 rental is $300+. I have been checking daily for 3+ months and has been this expensive (or more) the entire time. There are no major conventions or anything going on in Vegas during that time. A look at room rates for various properties and they are low. The most I have ever paid for a 5 night Vegas car rental in the past was $175 and most were under $150.

6. Count de Monet

Count de Monet High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Try four days instead. Sometimes the weekly rates for 5-7 days are crazy but 4 day rentals are much better. I've had to do that once before, dropping the car off the day before I was leaving at a nearby hotel. Took a cab to the airport the next day and saved over $100.

7. 16gauge

16gauge Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As much as I do not like the Priceline concept, I relented and used that site. I chose $15/day and was given a mid-size car from Hertz for $142 total for 5 days. This is about what a typical 5 day rental in Vegas has been for the past few years.

8. USCHawks

USCHawks High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We did exactly this last year. We rented from Dollar and dropped it off at TI after 4 days. We just walked back to our hotel and cabbed it to the airport the next morning and saved about $100 including the cab cost.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.