1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Show Recommendations and Websites/Places for the best ticket prices?

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by TheMinkus, Jul 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheMinkus

TheMinkus Newbie

Hi guys,

I'm heading to Vegas the first week of August, and I want to catch a show. I have no idea what to watch or where to look for tickets as all of my previous show experience were gifts (I watched all the Cirque's, Celine Dion, and Mac King).

I'm particularly fond of magic shows. I wanted to watch Penn&Teller, but it looks like they won't be in the city until late August.
    I was also planning on seeing Nathan Burton as an additional show since those tickets seem pretty cheap from my brief scouring (thoughts on that show?)

Any recommendations of what to watch and where to buy tickets (website or somewhere in-person?) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!.

2. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Much like hotel rooms you have to search around for the best show prices. Nathan Burton for example is almost always on Groupon for $10 (his theater is pretty small you don't really need to upgrade to VIP when you go). Other shows are on Groupon too, so that's one resource. TravelZoo and Goldstar offer some deals. The Las Vegas Advisor website has some show deals. If you are in any players clubs you may get emails from time to time with offers. Tix4Tonight booths in Vegas offer same day discounts. But you don't always know what will be available and many times (some say most of the time) the prices are no better than you can get on your own.

As for which shows to go to, I would suggest looking through all the threads here. There are so many shows and so many opinions on them. Personally the one's I've enjoyed the most are Absinthe, Carrot Top, Penn & Teller, Zumanity but Vegas the Show was also good as was V Variety show. Even Donny & Marie were fun (not my type of music and a bit before my time but still a good show).

3. LindaP

LindaP Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's probably too late for this, but Vegas4locals.com has auctions for many shows (including Nathan Burton) - sometimes you can win these auctions for next to nothing and the site is very reliable in getting your vouchers to you in a timely manner. We've also had great luck at the tickets4tonite booths (located on the strip and downtown).

- Linda in TX

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.