1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Companion's Total Rewards Number on booking room, yes or no?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by phantomfj, Jul 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phantomfj

phantomfj High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    newbee here to the whole comp process. I noticed while playing around the TR booking site that it asks for my companion's TR number, says it will give give better rates. My question is does it make much of a difference in the room rates, and will it make any difference as to further comps down the road? Will we both get the same number of reward credits for the room booking, full amount each or split them in half. I guess the main question, is it better to list both numbers or not?

2. zing

zing Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Whenever I put my wife's number in, the rates are always lower - so yes I think it's better to put both numbers in.

Not sure about comps down the road, and I think only the original person gets the credits for the room booking.

Note: They actually check both cards at check-in now, so if you enter a second number make sure the other person shows up.

3. Lhammer28

Lhammer28 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had it happen where we had put in both of our cards and the price went up! And what baffled me was that I actually had play on my card & my hubby didn't have anything since 2 years ago! then I did my own and it was lower than his offer! So just play around with it!

4. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We just booked a room at Bally's for 9 nights in November. With just my Platinum wife, it was $900. When adding my pedestrian Gold card, the price went down to $510. So, I'd say it is better to use both numbers!

5. ngrund

ngrund High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    it varies, try all the ways, each card separate, then together, book best rate

if booked using both cards the only hitch is you both have to be present at check in I believe the TR points for the room stay will be applied to the TR account that pays the bill

6. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Even if the other card has little to no play on it, the price should go down by entering the companion number.

But you should just try it out: by entering the number and going to the next screen it will only show you a rate calendar, its not going to lock you in to rates or force you to book a room under the rates shown.

It is important to note that the other person must be there at check in: if you entered your number and the number for your friend and your friend wasn't actually going then when you get there they will need to see your friend and friend's TR card - if they aren't there (either not coming at all, arriving later) then you will be charged a higher rate until they show up with their card.

As far as points and who gets charged what: you can work all that out at the front desk when checking out. THey won't arbitrarily just take all of one person's points, but likewise they won't divide up the points either (taking half from your card, half from other persons) unless you instruct them to do so.

7. NewOrleansSlimm

NewOrleansSlimm VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ive had it where it lowered rates for some hotels and raised them for others...also it would take certain rooms off when i add my girls card

as stated above if you do use a companion number they have to be there for checkin, if not the rate goes back to your single card rate but can be switched if the 2nd person shows up

i Just booked a full day cabana and suite at harrahs gulf coast for early august... i used my 7* number and my girls companion number as she has my actual companion card. they used my debit card for a card on file which they already have and sent my girl the confirmation email,,,so basically im her guest on my card....weird...my host said, your names on the room to so your good

8. Stdavis0728

Stdavis0728 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, booked at the linq. Went from $29 with just me to $4 with both of ours.

9. Aces and Eights

Aces and Eights VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It must be some sort of computer-generated algorithm where it doesn't have a "if less than $X, then rate = $0" provision. Otherwise, I don't know why they would even bother charging $4.

10. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I get $4, $8 and $12 rates on my calendar too.

And for the OP, I've always seen lower rates when using a companion number. Harrah's New Orleans didn't ask for both TR cards but it's officially policy so I wouldn't book it this way and then hope they don't check. They're probably more strict about it in Vegas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.