1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

CET website... I think they are screwing with me.

Discussion in 'Comps' started by sapphirevegas, Jul 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sapphirevegas

sapphirevegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been waiting for my fall offers to book the room for our trip. Every time I pull up the rate calendar they have a different price for sat Oct 10th. I am comped 5 days and trying to book for 7. Frustrating to say the least.

Yearly trip
    Part two
  2. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think the calendar wont let you book more than 5 comp days in a row anyway. Why not just book, and check the calendar now and then and if a better rate comes up call reservations and have them change it?

3. sapphirevegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Once you book, you can no longer check rates for that time period on your calendar. Cosmo used to send me offers and was hoping to get one and try staying there, but nothing since january. May just pull the trigger and hope a host covers it anyway.

Yearly trip
    Part two
  4. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Who told you that? I book and recheck those dates all the time. You can't REBOOK them online, but if you see a lower rate, you can call in and adjust it.

I have had a trip that started as 6 nights at Flamingo (5 nights comp), went to 1 night non CET and 5 comp nights ballys, and then became 3 nights Ballys 2 nights Caesars 2 weeks before my travel date.

NOTE: You need to look in the calendar, not search specific dates. Say "flexible dates".

5. newmans

newmans VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    5 nights is the max you can book online as a comp. A host can book for more nights. Or, I think if you call, you should be able to book your 5 comp nights and pay for the other 2.

6. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It used to be that way...that it would generate an error telling you that those days were already booked.

NOW, the website certainly does let you check prices for dates already booked.

7. sapphirevegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They must have changed the site then. They did give you an error message before. I know 5 days comp is max. That is not the issue. In the last week the rates for the other two have fluctuated between $100 to $250 without the extortion I mean resort fee. I keep hoping it will drop again. I'm just spoiled and miss the days of truly "free" rooms. :rolleyes2:

Yearly trip
    Part two
  8. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Even a few years ago you would get an error if you searched specific dates, but if you picked destination "las vegas" and clicked "flexible dates" to bring up the all hotels calendar, you could see what rates were available for each day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.