1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Should I cab from fremont st to cashman field on a thursday evening at 6pm?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by 63hearts, Jul 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 63hearts

63hearts Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure what that route is like safety wise, I was thinking the cab is going to be fairly cheap but is there a 'smarter' place to hail one? I'd walk anywhere from plaza to El Co to catch one if its easier and not a circle go round route. Or should I just walk? or bus? This will be late august. I'm certainly going to cab back after the game to fremont

thanks for the advice

2. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Couple of things.
    Male or female?
    August it will be hot
    Male and you don't mine sweating a bit, I'd walk to the game down LV Blvd, but definitely cab it back.
    Female: Take a cab both ways.

3. 63hearts

63hearts Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    35yo white guy

4. abraxis

abraxis Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I drove from the cal to cashman field this past 4 th of July to catch a game and the fireworks show. We took main onto Washington to get there rather than lv Blvd. I definitely wouldn't walk the route that i drove due to the heat on the way there and the surroundings on the way back late at night. Can't speak for the lv Blvd route.

I can say that outside the main entrance is a lighted phone that says "taxi cab phone" or some such, so it seems not very difficult to get a cab. ..don't know what the wait would be like though.

Have fun!

Edit to add: FWIW I'm a 31 year old Asian dude and i was with my 70 year old dad. But even if i were alone or with dude friends, i probably wouldn't walk.

5. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What Joe says...

Are you gonna get raped and murdered? Probably not, but it's just a hot, ugly walk and in my opinion absolutely no reason to do it. That corridor is well traveled from downtown and the Fremont area past Cashman and Washington St. on up to where the Salvation Army services are... lots and lots of ner do wells and crazy people! Plus walking under the freeway interchange there is NOT even remotely pedestrian friendly.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2015
  6. 63hearts

63hearts Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So where would be a better place to catch cab on Fremont experience area? El Cortez? Golden gate?

7. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Either one of those depending on where you're at... GG, they'd shoot up Main St. and then over and EC, they'd head up LV Blvd.

8. gambler

gambler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ya, I think smartone's right. It seems pretty equal from anywhere downtown.

I keep trotting out this map link (it's a bit old) but it's a good one for showing the area from downtown to Cashman Field.

FWIW, if it was me, I'd cab both ways. Whatever you decide, enjoy the game!

Map link: http://vegastodayandtomorrow.com/THEdowntownMAP.htm#.VaSPEPke135

9. bluesdude

bluesdude VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A few years ago my wife and I walked from Fremont to Cashman Field during daylight hours. Never again! I would cab both ways, no question.

Dead & Co with my son! June 4 or 5th - June 8th
Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.