1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Budget Rental Question - Adding driver to Fastbreak reservation

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by jtf, Jul 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jtf

jtf Low-Roller

I have a question about renting from Budget with a Fastbreak reservation. I have just signed up for that - so I am not real clear how it works. Budget has a pretty nice deal on the Pay Now option right now (for picking up Sunday, July 12). With the AARP code, it gives a free upgrade and waives the fee for the additional driver. I asked in chat how to add a driver, and they said I would have to go to the counter when I arrived to do that. That seems to somewhat defeat the purpose of a rapid reservation.

The prepay rules state: "The following terms apply to changing a prepaid reservation:
    There is no fee for making many changes. Permissible changes include: car type; options (GPS, protections, etc.); rental period dates/times; adding other drivers; switching between participating prepay pick-up locations within the same country;"

But I don't see anywhere to add a driver online.

Has anyone had any experience putting an additional driver on with a Fastbreak reservation?

Thanks!

2. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can you add an additional driver to your profile?

3. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is a booth in the Fastbreak area. You might be able to add the driver there, but I don't know if there will be an additional charge.

4. pleasemum

pleasemum High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I added my husband as a second drive at the booth where you go to collect your car as a fastbreak member. No problem.

5. jtf

jtf Low-Roller

Thanks so much! I didn't want to spend a long time standing in line or dealing with Budget.

6. MrsFuri

MrsFuri Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Budget's Fastpass program doesn't work like the Emerald Aisle (National) or some of the others that allow you to just go get in a car (keys in it), in Vegas, you still have to check in. What's important to know though, is once you get to the Rental Car Center and you go inside... you'll see budget on the far right. Don't go there. If you have Fastpass, go around, next to it and go outside. Once outside... go left and walk down a bit and you'll see a small Budget, Fastpass ONLY booth. A lot of folks don't know about it (even though there is a sign) and if the line is super long at the inside, regular, Budget counter... this will save you tons of time.

Once there, just have the other person with you and their DL. You can add them on the spot, it takes moments or less.

Enjoy!

-MrsFuri

7. jtf

jtf Low-Roller

That is wonderful news! Thanks!

8. zignerlv

zignerlv VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure what you mean about having to "check in" for the Budget express program. My last 3 LV rentals were Budget Fastbreak (not Fastpass). I entered the garage area directily, see my name on the board with the parking spot number, start the car which has the keys in the ignition. drive to the exit and show my license, and sign the car inspection form. Do you consider that "check in'?

As far as addition an additional driver, if you are looking to add a spouse as an additional driver, another FYI is that Costco renters get the spouse as an additional driver included in the rental contract with no extra charge and no extra paperwork, at least with Budget.

9. pleasemum

pleasemum High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    zignerlv - you do have to do the paperwork for an extra driver with Costco Budget car rental. We were sent back from the exit booth since the booking was in my name and my husband was driving. They needed him to be added as the additional driver. No charge but he had to provide his licence information..

10. MrsFuri

MrsFuri Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I meant fastbreak, I have Disney on the brain and they have fastpass.

What I mean by check in, as I said above, you have to go to the window and get keys. Other programs, like Nationals Emerald Aisle, you can literally just go pick whatever car you want and the keys are in it. When you drive out, the guy at the booth you exit out of checks your ID and credit card. Budget is not this way.

11. zignerlv

zignerlv VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As I said in my last post, there is no check in for Budget Fastbreak. You DON'T need to go to the window and get keys (this is what you are calling check in). The only difference between the two programs is Budget (and Hertz, and Avis I believe) assigns a car to you in a designated close by parking space (which has some benefits), while the others let you choose a car from what is available. My experience with Dollar/Enterprise is that they don't have many cars available (at the times I go), and my "choice" is really none. "Take that one that he is parking there", I am often told AFTER waiting on line for the garage attendant point the customers to their cars. With Budget Fastbreak, the Fastbreak renters get priority, and IF there aren't many cars, there is still one parked waiting for me in my spot. There are no lines to wait on or check in at with Budget Fastbreak. As I said above, you look for your name and assigned reserved parking spot number on the video screen in the garage, you get in the car which has the keys already in it, drive off, and show the attendant at the gate your license and sign the inspection form (which I beleive all the companies do at the exit) Again, I have rented with them 3 times in the past year, including last month, and this is way they work!

Last edited: Jul 13, 2015
  12. MrsFuri

MrsFuri Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well you're certainly kind of snappy.

I too rent from budget often (including 2 weeks ago) and the keys are not awaiting you in the car, meaning, you DO need to go to the fastbreak booth, outside and get your stuff.

In any event, I'm not going to continue to argue with you. I hope you have a nice day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.