1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Wanker's adventure to Wally World.. I mean Disney - Also Del Mar -Semi Live

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Trip Reports' started by wanker751, Jul 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

And Los Alimitos, maybe.

Time fire up the station wagon er.... Southwest Jet because Wanker is is heading west, with family in tow.

Landing in PHX then a trek up to Anaheim on Sunday for a two day visit with the mouse. I will be in full Blackhawks Stanley Cup gear to shove it into the 3 Ducks fans I may run into..... :evillaugh

Then down the coast for a half a week at the beach. With a trip to beautiful Del Mar Racetrack. Hopefully I can bankroll build here. :thumbsup: I went to opening day last year a blast, except for my son forgetting to pull down in underpants and pissing himself.... hey who hasn't? Year before my wife got seats way too far away, this year we got the trackside tables.

Back to Phoenix for 4 nights to spend time with my wife's miserable aunt then to the promised land for 4 nights sans kid, who will be staying with my wife's wonderful aunt. (nice lady but she always picks fights and wants to argue) more to come there.

This will be semi-live or may fall together totally. I am not planning on missing my vacation with my family blogging with you degens. :nono: :evillaugh

Expect plenty of pictures of horses and mice, and maybe Princess Jasmine if you are lucky. :licklips:

I will start another full live report from Vegas once that trip gets underway. :drunk: :beer:

While course I am looking forward to Vegas, I do not want it to get here too soon as spending time away from the stresses of home life with my family is always great.

2. wanker751

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The only minor tragedy is I cannot find my VMB wristband.

3. Jer

Jer “The Walrus has spoken”

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did you get in the lottery for the trackside table or get one another way? We tried the lottery this year and were not selected. Between that and comicon, 0-2....

Have fun, and drive safe.

4. wanker751

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We did lottery last year and lost. We are not doing opening day this year. I wanted a table. Got online right away when office opened.

5. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So Disney on Sun./Mon.? No California Adventure? or you going to try to squeeze some of that in? Forecast looked like ours a few days out...84ish Hopefully it doesn't get revised to what we actually dealt with...98ish.

6. wanker751

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Disney Mon-Tues. We did the hopper so probably DL Monday, CA Tuesday, and back to DL?

84 and 82.... great news I checked last weekend and even early this week it was 89 and 90...... :wiggle:

7. wanker751

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Boner of the trip...so far I left little man's swim vest at home. He reminds me in the car on way to airport. My 4 year old has way too much energy at 430 am.

8. tringlomane

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, but this year they are running a special "World of Color" performance for their 60th anniversary. So if you or your wife would want to see that (easily blows the Bellagio fountains away). You'll need to get a fastpass for world of color early (then possibly wait in line for soarin' before lines get crazy bad) and then return in the evening.

If you plan to come back to Disneyland in the future, then you could skip it. It will be there when you get back. They spent $75M on it. Not sure how much your son would enjoy it anyway. It's 28 minutes long too.

If you don't go to world of color, a couple hrs of CA is likely enough. He's too young for a decent portion of that.

9. wanker751

Trips to Las Vegas:
    World of color is CA? Yeah I am such a disney newbie the fast pass thing is gonna probably screw me on the first day...

We have the character breakfast on tuesday morning.

Honestly not gonna go insane seeing certain things or missing out on stuff.

With the kid there is good probably he will find one ride he lines and wanna do that anyway!

10. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED Money’s on the way, with CashNetUSA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wanker...coming to Cali in July wearing a big hockey jersey?
    Better change that plan to a T-shirt unless you plan to ROAST (or you're sickly skinny)

11. wanker751

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Haha I am a big dude. Defiantly will be wearing a t-shirt at disney. But I do wear hockey jerseys in the summer in chicago. I did pack it though.

12. wanker751

Trips to Las Vegas:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Haha I do not get the packer special but was nice with no carseat and kid in the middle seat. Lots of room.

Green among the brown is cool looking.

13. wanker751

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aunt took us to a chicago style pizza joint in scottsdale. We went with the thin crust to not be let down. It is nuts how this is a mini Chicago down here.

14. tringlomane

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, one of the major highlights of Calfornia Adventure for ride pussies like myself. Sorry I didn't write up a 2013 Vegas/Disney combo report here. 90% of the highlights were Disney anyway. Dammit.

15. wanker751

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks... yeah I am lacking in disney research. It may be more fun that way!

16. wanker751

Trips to Las Vegas:
    [​IMG]

Left aunt edna in arizona, heading to Anaheim! Just crossed the AZ/CA boarder. 300 miles so far on rental

17. wanker751

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That was a first... no cc accepted at a gas station in palm desert, ca an Arco station

18. wanker751

Trips to Las Vegas:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Near cathedral city California

19. wanker751

Trips to Las Vegas:
    [​IMG]

Needed new sandals. I blew out my flip flop, fortunately I narrowly missed the pop top.

20. wanker751

Trips to Las Vegas:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Our hotel in Anaheim... kitchen and studio room..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.