1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Border Grill recommendations?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by M_ILIS, Jul 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. M_ILIS

M_ILIS VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know I'm in the minority, but I was seriously underwhelmed the one time I ate at Border Grill at Mandalay Bay previously (probably almost 10 years ago). Well, a $59 Travelzoo deal seduced me into giving it another shot, so now I seek suggestions on what makes everyone rave about this place so much. The deal includes a shared app, two entrees, a dessert and two drinks, so fire away with any suggestions or favorites. Thanks! (We'll be dining for dinner, btw.)

2. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think everyone raves about their brunch (it's pretty damn good). I haven't heard too many people talk about Border Grill's regular entrees.

3. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was also underwhelmed.

4. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    join their eclub and get a BOGO dinner. Good for Sunday brunch too. Either location

5. ccwidak

ccwidak Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fish and chip for sure! So big serves at least 2 people!

6. M_ILIS

M_ILIS VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fish and chips? Don't see that on their menu.

7. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just made my brunch reservations.... heard great things about it, never heard anyone talk about dinner

8. overcome1

overcome1 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOVE Bordergrill. Have only eaten at Mandalay Bay. Once after Michael Jackson's One and once for brunch. Loved them both. Wife got scallops, friend got Yucatan pulled pork, and I got the short rib enchiladas at waiters request. The short rib were amazing, unlike anything I've ever had. Maybe my palate isn't as sophisticated as others, but all three of us that ate said it was one of the best Mexican food experiences we've had. Of course, I live down in south Alabama. Our choices may be limited from others in bigher cities. Hope that helps and enjoy.

9. dbueler

dbueler High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fflowers and I eat here every trip, we used the Travelzoo deal this time and it saved a lot of $$. I am fond of their flank steak, excellent. FFlowers likes their pulled pork. I'm not a guac fan, but really enjoy theirs. I'm also not much of a drinker, but their sangria is excellent. We were thrilled they opened the Forum Shop location, Mandalay Bay is out of our way (unless we are seeing MJ One). I had the brunch for the first time this trip and really enjoyed it. Only fly in the ointment was the dude who waited on us decided to put orders in for us, before we even ordered, dishes he thought we would like. None were ones I would have chosen so, since I was starving, I started filling up on choices I otherwise wouldn't have made. When the items we chose arrived, they were delicious, but it was dampened by the fact I was already filling up. Very heavy handed I thought.

If you're going to the Forum shops location, ask for Connie. She's our favorite waitress and will make your experience great!
    diane

10. HereIGo

HereIGo Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks so much for the E club tip...I was just drooling over the Brunch Menu

11. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I actually prefer lunch or dinner to the brunch. Yes, the skirt steak is my favorite. I almost always get that. Also, they have THE BEST quesadillas there, there is some special kind of cheese in there and it's delicious. For lunch I like the steak salad.

I do like the brunch too, and it's a good value. But I just prefer a good straight dinner meal, chips and salsa, drinks etc.. versus mexican breakfast food...

12. rmarkmeis

rmarkmeis Tourist

Been to Border Grill twice. Both times was pretty bad. Never had the brunch though, maybe that's better. Javier's at Aria way better IMO.

13. 2tweetz

2tweetz Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have to agree... although the place is lovely and the presentation was nice.. I have been overwhelmed by the size of the portions but underwhelmed with the quality of the food.. steak was too spicy and very very fatty... my tummy was upset afterwards.. I'd pass on dinner at Border Grill again.

14. wellmel

wellmel Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does anyone know, do we have to make a reservation for their brunch, or can we just show up and wait?

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.