1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Baz: For the Record

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by dis220, Jul 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dis220

dis220 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anyone seen this show at Mandalay Bay?

I bought tickets for this show somewhat sight unseen after reading exactly two glowing reviews, including one on Vegas Chatter. I've never seen a show so early in its run and without a sufficient (to me) number of reviews.

I'd love YOUR review if you've seen the show...

Thanks!

2. sammasseur

sammasseur VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wrote the review for BAZ at VegasChatter and will put the link to it here. Please note that it is NOT for everyone, but for those who know what they're getting into, it's fabulously performed and written. Tickets are inexpensive, too. I got what I consider to be the best booth in the house, on the floor just center of the stage, and it was $75 per person inclusive. Can't wait to see it again.

http://www.vegaschatter.com/story/2015/7/2/155810/0474/vegas-travel/Cirque%27s+%27BAZ%27+is+Dazzling%2C+Dizzying+and+Heart-Wrenching

3. amk121

amk121 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If there is any chance if anyone has come across any discounts for tickets for this show..please share, it looks like a great show!

4. daveg000

daveg000 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Sam, the Review is excellent, the Video clip, interesting, it's always nice to know about new experiences in Vegas.

15 NIGHTS, 16 DAYS, May 8-23, MGM PK, GOLDN NUGGET, TIMESH, MANDALAY
    15 NIGHTS, 16 DAYS, May 8-23, MGM PK, GOLDN NUGGET, TIMESH, MANDALAY
  5. kel3420

kel3420 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks so much for this info! I was looking to see a new show. I spent an hour on Ticketmaster but their website was having glitches. Finally looked up Mandalays Box Office and got four tickets, great seats. My trip is slowly coming together!

6. Crewjay1

Crewjay1 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One of the best shows I have ever seen.

7. dis220

dis220 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just saw it last night... AMAZING! Very intimate and powerful. I've seen a lot of theater and Cirque shows in my day, but this was totally unique. And a great value compared to other pricier shows. And my seats were upgraded without even asking. See it!

8. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It sounds interesting but it also sounds that if you haven't seen his movies you wouldn't enjoy it as much?

9. dis220

dis220 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It might help if you know Romeo and Juliet and/or The Great Gatsby and have seen Moulin Rouge, but the singing/theatrics are so strong that it shouldn't matter.

10. texdan17

texdan17 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't seen any except Moulin Rouge (but of course if you've gone through high school you know the other two stories) and it didn't challenge comprehension. That said, I did not enjoy it. As someone that enjoys musicals, I didn't appreciate the poor diction (especially from the male cast) and the approximate (usually flat) pitch...again, mostly from the male cast. The female lead that plays Daisy is very strong...same for Juliet. Drummer is strong but looks bored as hell.

Everything else was actually painful for me...over the top acting...frantic...saw a couple of cast members nearly fall...needs to be reigned in. We also had some producers and backup cast in the booth next to us and I get they were being supportive but they would "lead" the applause when the audience did not respond naturally. My wife enjoyed it enough to go back...

11. sunsetgirl

sunsetgirl Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I bought tickets for August. I read a review that said you can take the receipt to the Mlife desk and it will be added to your tier credits. Has anyone done this? The Mlife site connects the show directly to Ticketmaster

12. amk121

amk121 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For those that have seen this show, is it a show you can see it solo?

13. kel3420

kel3420 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just curious why you would think it wouldn't be fine to see any show solo? Not meaning to be arguementative, just curious

14. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

For The Record: Baz @ Light - Mandalay Bay

Has anyone seen this show? I'm thinking of checking it out soon, but was hoping to see what others from this board thought about it. Media reviews for the show have been pretty good!

http://baz.thelightvegas.com

15. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  16. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

17. amk121

amk121 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I see shows solo and I am comfortable with it- I just know that this is at Light so wasn't sure if it was set up where it would be too random for me to be there solo!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.