1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Stupid Question about Emeril's Fish House -- Alligator Meatballs

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by vwhiten, Jul 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sometime's I think I must live a sheltered life. My question is it real alligator meat?? I did a search on google and really couldn't find an answer. I like to think of myself as adventurous when it comes to food -- but I won't eat bugs, snakes or lizards -- and to me alligator is a lizard. We plan on having one meal there in August. I know my husband -- he will take one look at the menu and order it and then want me to taste ---(I shudder)

The reason why I ask is that over the years there have been certain names for food that really wasn't what it was -- like Mountain Oysters. I had a Canadian friend who made "Beaver Balls" every Christmas. -- She never would say what was in it.

And of course the final question about the Alligator Meatballs -- does it taste like chicken?

Thanks -- Val

2. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  3. Pbtrav

Pbtrav Mid level gambler.....high level drinker!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The alligator meatballs are excellent as an appetizer ....a little spice to them, and great with a Dixie Blackened Voodoo Lager! Leave room for the banana cream pie for desert thoug..

4. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I eat alligator all the time, but of course I'm from Louisiana. It's a very good meat, it's slightly sweet. The meatballs are likely cut with pork or beef to help it hold together and to balance the taste. I enjoy the tail meat blackened which isn't mixed with anything. Reminds me that I need to restock my freezer with some gator as I'm out.

5. Piggylane

Piggylane Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Like Bayou says alligator is very good, I've eaten that and crocodile in South Africa many times. It's hard to describe what a particular taste is to another person, though. It's a meat, a protein and definitely delicious coming from Emeril's. I've not eaten at his Vegas restaurant yet but at the one in In French Quarter in New Orleans every time I'm there.

6. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The best sandwich I ever had in my life was an alligator po'boy at the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival quite a few years back. I didn't know what I was eating at the time (my friend just handed it to me and said, "Try this"), but it haunts me to this day. I actually didn't realize that there was alligator on the menu at Emeril's but now I need to go check it out.

7. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also think alligator meat is good.
    And I believe the alligator meatball is real, at least it contains some alligator meat.

8. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would say no.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.