1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Rock of Ages

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by liteman, Jul 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. liteman

liteman Old Timer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are there any discounts for this show? How did you like it? Thinking about it for my October visit..

2. jimboguy

jimboguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Travelzoo has a discount for the show. Discount is valid through December 20 so you should be able to apply it during your October visit.
    I haven't seen the show so I can't help you there.

3. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Loved the show , i grew up with 80's hairband all over MTV, liked it so much i saw it on 2 different trip but im also one of the few who loved the movie
    Dont know if it still applies but back then with the grazie card you got a free one level upgrade

4. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I liked the movie. Not sure why people hated it so much. Saw the show on Broadway and loved it.

5. Onmyown32

Onmyown32 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Saw it last year and we loved it!!!

6. sarah9nascar

sarah9nascar VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We booked ours through Best of Vegas. Going on November 3rd. Got really great seats for like $69.

Sema Show
  7. reen1962

reen1962 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We went to it last year. It was okay. I'm a product of 80's music and the music was very good. What made the evening not so good were the people seated right behind us. One of the guys in the group insisted in singing all the songs. Hell, I could have done that too, but I didn't because it takes away from the show. I wanted to turn around and tell him to shut his trap, but I'm sure my husband would have been embarrassed. My advice, go to show and hope that you don't get seated by people who don't have any concerns about anyone else. That actually happened to us when we went to LOVE last year too. That group was a bunch of drunk women two or three rows behind. It's a shame that the ushers can't remind people like that to keep it in their heads-not coming out their mouths!

It's Been Too Long 'Ol Friend! :-)
  8. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I liked it, it's a full blown broadway musical though, with intermission. Just make sure you know that. This isn't a "Vegas show" it's a broadway show playing in Vegas. But it's really fun!

My only gripe was the seating was super tight, I just felt cramped, and the show is really long.

Here's the travel zoo deal.
    http://www.travelzoo.com/entertainment/las-vegas/-74-Venetian-Must-See-Musical-Rock-of-Ages-60-Off-2045165/

goldstar
    http://www.goldstar.com/events/las-vegas-nv/rock-of-ages-tickets-1

9. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did you ask the ushers to do anything? That is an appropriate option - they can't read your minds and don't always know what is going on in the audience - esp at loud shows like Rock of Ages.

10. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No reason to be embarrassed. Absolutely make it known their contribution is not appreciated.

Some may just be caught in the moment and not realize they are impacting others. A quick reminder should do for them.

The others (who know but don't care) ought to be quickly identified and asked to leave. Any embarrassment your husband might feel could be reduced when the 15 other people around them who were grinding their teeth start buying you drinks in thanks.

11. TriggerMN

TriggerMN The Norwegian Hammer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We got the show comped from CET last year and loved it. At one point in the show, the line from one of the performers gave was, "You don't get everything in life..." Before he could go on, someone in the audience yelled, "I did!" The guy on stage had to stop and laugh, as we all did. Then he said, "That's why you're sitting in the back row!" which got an even bigger laugh. It may have been part of the show, but it was hilarious nonetheless.:evillaugh

12. reen1962

reen1962 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

I didn't ask the ushers to do anything because I really couldn't access the ushers. We were seated in the left part of the theatre where there is no aisle. I would have had to climb over many people to get to an usher.

It's Been Too Long 'Ol Friend! :-)
  13. FuzzyDiceCraps

FuzzyDiceCraps VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I debating whether to see this on our upcoming trip. We normally do 2-3 shows a trip (one every other day for the most part)....this trip we're seeing Move! Live on Tour on Saturday night, and are between Rock of Ages, Showstoppers at Wynn, a Cirque show or the Sinatra Tribute at Palazzo...I know that's a wide variety, we're pretty eclectic and don't find much we don't enjoy. Any suggestions? I'm a huge fan of 80's rock, my wife and take or leave it...Is Rock of Ages a good choice?

14. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Its tough to say for sure. If your wife doesn't care at all about the music she may be underwhelmed.

I can't compare it to any of your other choices, but these are my general thoughts:

• Good 80s tunes well performed
    • Fun cast
    • Compared to other broadway adaptions I've seen (Spamalot, Mamma Mia) this one felt more like a vegas show. Smaller stage and theater and production centered more on fun than really carrying the story. Smaller cast with supporting showgirls filling multiple roles. That could be good or bad depending on what you are after.

Best way I can describe it, it was entertaining but feels more like a $40-50 show than a $80-100 show.

15. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Saw it on Broadway 6 years ago, the lead was Constantine Maroulis, probably my favorite show and I wasn't even into hair bands in the 1980's. Heard Journey's "Don't Stop Believin" several times during the show, then four weeks later I was laid off for the first time. My life changed for the better when I became self employed, so Don't Stop Believin'!

I was disappointed with the movie.

16. BlackJackLady

BlackJackLady High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hubby and I saw it last year . It was good. Cast did an awesome job.

17. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is this playing at a CET prop now? Is it on the diamond free show list, or did you just get tickets thru your host?

18. dvandentop

dvandentop VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Still at venetian

19. TriggerMN

TriggerMN The Norwegian Hammer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dvan is right. I got my shows mixed up. Sorry about that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.