1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

New DC eatery!

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by broncofn, Jul 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  2. RiddickBull

RiddickBull VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's awesome bro. Congrats to your cousin. Great idea.

I hope to do the same in the next 5 years. I'll need to hire you as a personal consultant., better than Mckinsey. :thumbsup:

3. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well get ready to bust your butt lol. Its ALOT of work and stressful at times.

4. RiddickBull

RiddickBull VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thats what I heard man. I'm up for the challenge. Do you a summer intern, free labor. Lol. Nothing is better than real experience, imo.

I will definitely give you a Holla within the next years. I get a discount consultant rate, right? Lol jk. I know you will hook it up since you are by far one of the nicest people. :beer:

5. donfairplay

donfairplay VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A line out the door for a restaurant is always a good sign.

I like the concept and name too.

6. pphold

pphold pp Park Place Degenerate

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very nice. Always good to start with a big line at opening.

This is a lucky year for you and your family

7. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thnx pp, he has busted his ass for this place (while I received calls on end from him for opinions and help) i might or might not have a silent thing with it but i would rather not say but its all been between my cousin and his partner who ive known for a very long time. I did help in certain areas to help them out though. I got them them the POS system that I believe they need to use (clover, which is best on the market imho) and even chose their packaging etc. I hope it works out for them, its in a great area in DC but kind of a slower area in the evening time.

I told them that most of their business is the going to be the lunch crowd (govt workers and other museums, contractors , tons of foot traffic, etc in the area.) Also told him it would be ideal to stay open late nights on thurs, fri and sat nights since there are also alot of bars, lounges and nightclubs in that immediate area (14th st). But then again, im on the silent side.

Hope it does well for everyone but i will voice my opinion if i see something they are doing wrong.

Everything looks great right now and reviews have been great but im more interested what happens in the next few months.

My worries are the rent and cam is a little high but its the norm for that area of DC. Overhead isnt too bad right now.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
  8. bball4458

bball4458 Guest

Nice broncofn! I love sushi and work in DC so I will add this to the list.

9. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Please go check it out if you have time and let me know your honest opinion! I would appreciate your feedback, its very close to where the jw marriott and hilton is on 14th street and there is a metro across the street. Its directly across the street from what was called "Z" alley if you know where that is and basically next door to the hilton on 14th St.

Other close landmarks are the W hotel (old hotel washington and old ebbits grill) .
    FYI, parking isnt great but there are garages.

Looking fwd to your input.

10. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thnx, apparently this concept is big in the san fran area. The name buredo is the japanese name for blade.

11. bball4458

bball4458 Guest

What Metro station is it near broncofn? I'll try to check it out on Monday.

12. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    McPherson Square metro. Let me know how you like it.

13. Tahoejoe2

Tahoejoe2 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Broncofn
    Congratulations
    I was an owner in the food business for 30 years. It was 7 days a week, 80 hours per week.
    But it is your business and you need to be there. It was hard, but successful. Sold the business and retired at the age of 50, 16 years ago..
    Keep an eye on labor and food cost. It can kill you if you aren't watching. Review that P&L EVERY month.

14. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thnx Tahoe, it's not my restaurant but it is my cousins and it is his first venture. From what I've seen, he is doing everything right so far and is actually listening (or pretending) to listen to my critiques. Trust me, I've been around the block in this business and it isn't easy. Everything you have said is correct.

15. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  16. MrsFuri

MrsFuri Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How exciting! Best of luck to your cousin!

I'll be sure to add it to an upcoming DC trip I'm taking my niece on (she's starting college in the fall and wants to go to DC, so it's her graduation present).

-MrsFuri

17. pleepleus

pleepleus 2016 - The monkey is back

Trips to Las Vegas:
    He charges like McKinsey too! He'll create a 65 slide pre-canned deck and send you an invoice for $150K.

18. bball4458

bball4458 Guest

Hi broncofn so I epically failed on Monday. We just got news that my company was purchased for an ungodly sum of money so it's been crazy. I promise to get there mid month but seeing as the post wrote it up. I think it is in good shape.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.