1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Aria questions

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by buckeyetodd, Jul 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buckeyetodd

buckeyetodd High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My beautiful bride of 31 years is taking me to Vegas for my 50th birthday in September. It will be a midweek stay, Tuesday through Friday. It doesn't appear that much is going on that week at all.

Anyways, I want to stay at Aria this trip. Have never stayed there before. I have some questions for those of you who are familiar with the property.

1-I'm going to use an offer for $79 per night. It kills me to pay for a room, I haven't paid for one since the 1990s but it seems comps for someone at my play level doesn't warrant anything anymore. I'll be taking $1500 per day to gamble with, not whale level but certainly something. Will be playing mostly table games at $25 minimum level. My question is, do you think its possible to play the 50th birthday card and get some sort of complimentary upgrade. Like I said, we are going midweek, can't imagine them being at capacity.

2-I used to be a regular at NYNY. My host was great, always took care of me. After she left, I couldn't get a thing. Do you think it would be advantageous to try to contact a host and if so, can someone recommend someone. I realize, in reality, Aria isn't someplace I'm going stay at regularly at my level of play. When I'm with my wife in Vegas, I don't gamble quite as much as when I'm with a buddy but it will still be probably 4-8 hours per day, depending on our other activities.

3-How are the pools? I'm sure each morning we will do a little pool time. Are there multiple pools and which one has the most morning sun.

4-Should I ask for a certain room? Are there areas I should stay away from due to loud clubs, construction, etc...

5-Will have a resort credit with my offer. My wife has celiac disease and has to eat gluten free. Any restaurant recommendations?

On a side note, got a $50 dining voucher from Monte Carlo on myvegas, recommendations there?

This will be around trip number 30 for me. It has slowed down the last few years with the kids moving to different parts of the country and us taking our "vacation" time to go visit them. Hope for a great trip.

thanks to all for your responses
    Todd

2. Motorcat

Motorcat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have stayed at the Aria a couple of times ......... both times we mentioned a special occasion b-day and anniversary - both times it was.

We ended up with a city center view - which was nice and complimentary strawberries and champagne delivered to the room shortly after checking in, The strawberries were huge.

They have 3 or 4 pools all in the same general area with a hot tub spa layout. I used the one pool right as you enter. It was decent but I prefer the MGM pool area.

You will not have any issues with noise - at least not from the clubs - the rooms are well insulated from what I can tell. It was very quiet on both our visits. I don't even remember hallway or neighboring room noise.

Depending on the amount of your resort credit you might find your options limited. High end all around Aria. Our 100 resort credit was soaked up with just a few rounds at the bar of Sage (I think it was).

50 credit at Monte Carlo ..... Diablos and the Pub are two of my favorite places. Food and drink are good and 50 will get you far. Diablos has some of the best fajitas I have ever had. Happy hour at The Pub, pizza, wings everything we have had has been very good.

Stay away from The Buffet ....... garbage.

3. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1. Never hurts to ask.

2. Also never hurts to ask, but I doubt a host at Aria will do much for you (unless you are really able to stretch that bankroll). For tables, IMO, its not worth trying unless you bet black chips for four hours a day. And really, you need to bet a couple black chips for four hours a day to get a host even mildly interested. Aria does not have the best host staff, so I wouldn't expect much.

3. I really like them. There are multiple pools, all in the same area. not sure which gets the most morning sun

4. No real areas to avoid. The "city view" is their Strip view. Its not the best Strip view, since Veer and MO are between you and the Strip. I actually prefer the mountain view at Aria

5. I have no idea which restaurants have the most gluten free options, but Julian Serrano is my favorite restaurant on the Strip. I would give it a try

For Monte Carlo, I recently went to Diablos (first time in many years) and was pleasantly surprised. If you like Mexican food, its is very good. Brand is a decent steakhouse as well.

have a great trip! Aria is a very nice property. I think you all will enjoy

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  4. Sunshine-Elle

Sunshine-Elle Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just a thought, would it get anyone's attention if you dropped your daily budget into a line of credit $5-6k at the Aria?
    Love this property, great pools, ask for an upgrade to a Jr Suite, might get it being mid-week, the suites are larger than standard , near elevator, usually end with the #102. Will be there 21-26 of Sept.

5. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree with everything UK said with one small exception.
    A couple friends have been in rooms on the end closest to Cosmo.
    They did have the oontz club noise until 4AM.
    Ask for a City View closer to Monte Carlo than Cosmo.

6. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree with everything said so far, and will add that Todd English PUB specifically features gluten-free items on the menu. Other than that, I might just ask the concierge; I agree with UKFanatic about how phenomenal Julian Serrano is, and just based on what I know of their menu I'm sure you shouldn't have too much trouble finding gluten-free items, although if she's very sensitive you're going to have trouble anywhere (I'm sure that even though Todd English has gluten-free items on the menu it's not totally free of cross-contamination, for example).

7. Hobofrank

Hobofrank Prime Minister of Idiocracy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    we just had a city corner right on that side at the end of the hall...no untz untz on 18th floor on Fri or Sat

was your friend on a lower floor?

8. Motorcat

Motorcat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

Can you use an Aria resort credit at Todd English Pub ?

I just assumed it was a stand alone venue despite being wedged between Crystals and Aria

9. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, it's part of Aria/Crystals. I can't say for sure that I've ever used a resort credit there, but I'm 100% certain that you can charge meals there back to the room, and I've gotten some of those meals comped off on the back end.

10. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good point about Cosmo. I haven't stayed on that end of the hotel, so never noticed it

The plans have changed
  11. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think its considered part of Aria proper, but I only base that on it appearing on their hotel website. But either way, you can still charge it back to your room. I have charged Maestro's at Crystals to my room in the past

The plans have changed
  12. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I actually think it's the opposite -- Todd English PUB isn't on Aria's website, and it does appear on the Crystals website. But then again, it's late and I'm all hopped up on the fact that I'm headed out there tomorrow. Either way, anything you eat at Crystals is chargeable back to an Aria room. And especially since Aria sometimes includes a Crystals credit in offers, I'd be shocked if a Todd English meal couldn't have an Aria resort credit applied to it.

13. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you checked the website, I'm sure you are right. I know it used to be on there, but I haven't checked the website in a long time.

The plans have changed
  14. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aria probably should put it on their website, considering that it's visible from the lobby, and it'd be a good addition to their list of restaurant offerings. I do love that place.

15. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Both couples were in the middle set of elevators so I guess that is middle floors.Can't remember the room number. This was about three years ago.
    I have not experienced it myself but they actually talked to the front desk about it who comped an extra night of their stay and acknowledged they were having issues..
    Maybe they figured it out by now.

16. ronc

ronc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aria is a great hotel--I'll have trouble getting my wife to stay anywhere else at this point, but we'll end up paying for 3 of 4 nights most of the time with a $1,500 daily gambling budget. Even with $15 craps tables and average bets of $50 or so, you just won't get to the point of gaining attention (I am using what I bet as an example) and over betting your bankroll is hit or miss...if you miss, you have a whole lot of extra time on your hand! The attention I get from Aria is all based on my wife's slot play as we do get a good number of points that way.

With this bankroll I have had a night comped off (standard room) and $75 in room credit on one trip (from the MLife desk and a host I called when checking out) and an offer of one free night and $150 resort credit on another. Nothing on the back end of the offers trip.

But...we do enjoy it there a lot.

Ask for the upgrades...the worst they can do is not give it to you!!

Have fun!!

Last edited: Jul 4, 2015
  17. buckeyetodd

buckeyetodd High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thanks to all for your responses. my offer was for $79 room, $125 resort credit, bogo mgm show ticket.

I called to reserve the room this morning, turns out my offer was "as low as $79". turns out the nights are 99, 119, 119

man this burns me up. for gods sake, its a Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday in mid September.

I hate to be an ass about it, we are going to Chicago in a few weeks to visit our son and for $200 per night you get something equivalent to circus circus or a lower end downtown property. have stayed on vacations in the Caribbean and paid waaaaay more than this for a room. oh well, should just be happy with the resort credit.

on a side note, I've always been able to get free rooms, midweek and weekends, at most any CET property. have had numberous offers for free tournaments, gift cards, purses, etc... just for kicks, went to their website to check my offers and the only thing I have is some freeplay at the Cincinnati Horseshoe . I have no idea what they are doing but if its not free, I have no interest in staying at a flamingo, harrahs, ballys, paris or Planet Hollywood. not sure if I should give them some play this trip or just write them off.

18. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can ask for an upgrade, I think you would want a corner suite.. the odds of getting one? I don't know... they might email and ask if you want one for $50 a night or something. Which, price wise is a good deal. I stayed there last year, and I probable had one of the least desirable rooms in the place, 3rd floor and my room was missing the fancy iPad thing... I guess from personal experience I would ask for a high floor at least. I LOVE being at Aria, it's really nice. But the rooms aren't all that special. Do you need to stay there? Can you get a comp at like MGM Grand or Mandalay.. I would do that instead of paying $500 to stay at Aria.

No noise issues at Aria, the nightclub is closed. If you are concerned get something away from the strip.

Julian Serrano is one of my favorites in town! My aunt eats gluten free (by choice) and she loves it there too. Might be a good choice.

I did my $50 at The Pub at Monte Carlo, it was surprisingly good. Had a great lunch there.

Can't help you on the pools (besides that they have 3.. but they have a day club, and one for sky suites guests), but the spa there is excellent if you or your wife are into that.

19. Malibugolfer

Malibugolfer High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Life in the city. Regardless make a great time out of you visit.

20. pphold

pphold pp Park Place Degenerate

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Happy Birthday for your trip.

Aria is really bad about comping anything now. My host said Aria does not care since they are busy that they just don't care. I never like the hotel there. It looks too dark for me.

If you want to stay there than book the offer but don't expect too much from a host there. It does not hurt to ask for back end comps at the end of your stay but I wouldn't count on it.

I personally hate the hotel at Aria but then I hate the restaurants there too.

Just enjoy your Birthday. CET does offer more in terms of comp rooms, but you stated that you did not want to stay there.

Keep in mind MID week is when most of the conventions are in Vegas so it is not always cheaper to stay midweek.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.