1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Anybody excited for the new Terminator movie?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by PaulBowdry, Jun 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaulBowdry

PaulBowdry Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just curious if anybody is excited for the new Terminator movie? I know I am. I am hoping the storyline is pretty good. I know they are making two more for sure after this one with Arnold being in the next one for sure. I just hope the movie doesn't suck but if it does I hope they just have a bunch of horrible one liners for Arnold that make me laugh. I am a sucker for cheesy one liners. I just hope my brother in law doesn't get us kicked out of the theater because he yells Arnold impressions during the movie. BTW he is 14. Universal didn't appreciate us helping the Terminator attraction with our own Arnold impressions. I am going to go see it on IMAX screen. Wouldn't mind hearing anybody else's opinion.

2. donfairplay

donfairplay VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It can't be as bad as Terminator Salvation (I really did not like that one). I kinda liked Terminator 3, though I remember my grandpa sleeping through that one. :evillaugh

I don't know, the trailer for Terminator Genisys was kinda boring - very 'actiony' without much else. It also seemed a bit of a retread of Terminators 1-3. That said, I'll probably watch it.

I loved Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles TV show on Fox, the latter half of season 1 and most of season two was terrific. It was dark, it was sci-fi, it had characters you care about with quality actors, the effects were top-notch (esp. for TV).

Some of the episodes you really didn't know what was going to happen at the end of the show, which on television is a magical unicorn. Unfortunately, the show runner for Terminator: TSCC got in trouble with Fox for running a three episode arc on Sarah Connor in a mental institution/prison. He'll probably never work in TV again. Apparently he is on the team writing the sequels to Avatar nowadays.

3. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think Salvation would have been better if it was more of its own stand alone movie than part of the Terminator franchise. That and it's hard for me to hear Christian Bales voice anymore and not think, Batman.

I was sorta excited for Genisys. Not so much that I was planning on seeing it in the theater. But when I saw the previews with John Connor in it, something just doesn't seem right about it. At least it's got Matt Smith in it and I think he's a fun actor to watch.

4. PaulBowdry

PaulBowdry Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Too many cooks when it comes to the terminator franchise. That's the problem. This is really the only movie i am going to see this summer. I guess I just keep hoping one of these times the movie is going to be close to the second one. They are doing a reset on the whole thing. I hold out hope. Best part in salvation was when they played GNR you could be mine.

I wish they would bring in the Rock as a terminator to take over for Arnold down the road.

5. Piggylane

Piggylane Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nope. I haven't been to any movie in about five or so years. I don't care to transfer any of my money to their pockets, whoever they are. I think all of Hollywood are a bunch of whining idiots who ought to just shut the the hell up.

6. Bo333

Bo333 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That would have been a great idea to do now with a new story line. I'm afraid they are beating this one to death.

I'm sure I'll be seeing it. We have a movie theater with reclining seats that serves really good food. We go to the movies a LOT! :)

7. Seany D

Seany D Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Still haven't seen it yet. I'm excited for when I do.

8. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am sure it will be in true hollywood fashion. bigger, more, too much.

just like they do with every other show or event.

They always fail to realize that we just want more sometimes. Like if you are eating a meal and you want seconds. It was so good you want more of the same thing. \Hollywood would have us believe that seconds would have to be a bigger slice with better sides that somehow tastes way better the the first serving.

9. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am looking forward to it.
    If the terminators are so smart why don't they ever go further back in time instead of the opposite???
    If they did that then no one would know about them and they would be ill prepared....Just a thought.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.