1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Seven hours in Atlantic City

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Trip Reports' started by Jack21, Jun 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This may be the shortest TR both in terms of time spent at destination and word total on the T2V boards in a while...

Saturday night I was shooting south on the Garden State Parkway having just spent the day with dad for a pre-Fathers' day dinner. After allowing him to buy me a 2 1/2 pound lobster at the Waterfront Cafe on the marina side of the waterway at Sea Bright, I bid him farewell at 10 pm and headed off to the Borgata solo. About 75 miles, made the trip in about an hour, Nickelback blaring out the CD player to help with the momentum.

Pulled into the valet area at 11:00, tossed the keys and checked in, and got my red players' card all in about four minutes. Place was swimming with a mix of Bellagio and Hard Rock types. Threw my bag in room and headed off to the dace pits over by the B-bar. Six tables, ranging from $15 to $100 pass line minimums. Found a place next at the $25 min table next to a young lawyer and his girlfriend who could have doubled for Lisa Kudrow. They turned out to be very nice, despite his profession. Tossed down my cash and red card...let the dice roll, baby....

After two shooters I found myself down $300 on staight pass line and come betting. But the next two shooters were my salvation; while they only hit two points each, it took each of them forever (particularly the guy with the bad plugs) to seven out and I just kept pressing my placed sixes and eights and they just kept coming up. When the dice came to me I bet heavier, backing up my place and come bets 5Xs and always placing the six and eight, when applicable. Plus I did some all-the-hardways action and hit that once. I held roll for about 20 minutes and colored out up $1300 after my one and only hour of gaming (and four vodka tonics). Sweet. :D

Up to my room, cash in the safe; washed up and fell asleep to a Larry flint production around 1:30am. At 6:00 am my wake-up call came in and I was checked out and on the road by 6:45 for the five hour drive home.

Oh, and by the way, the Borgata $500 chips are purple, and slightly larger than the other chips......

J21 :cool:

2. Coaster Kikky

Coaster Kikky Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nicely done J/E! You'll be working on that black label card pretty soon!

3. sin

sin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice

Way to go Jack! I wish I could have an hour at the table like yours =O)

4. Beach Crazy

Beach Crazy Hostess With the Mostess

Damn, Jack/Eric, you are so lucky. Glad it all came around for ya. Sounds like you had a good day :)

5. blackjack

blackjack Monkey!!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You made $1300.00 in an hour?... heh heh, you're like a man-whore or something. :D

Seriously, nicely done Eric. Happy Father's Day!!

6. Jack21

Jack21 Guest

Gee BJ, nobody ever referred to me as anything resembling a man-whore, but I'm flattered.

And Happy Fathers' Day to you, back atcha :cool:

7. RossW

RossW North of the 49th

Trips to Las Vegas:
    nice profit

Jack,

That sounds like a tough way to make a living, I’ll tell ya for sure...:D
    I'm just wondering, at MM3 are you giving lessons?

I'll be looking for the 1-day seminar on the "Today's Event's†daily posting board in the Lobby of Mandalay Bay this March

"How to make over $1000.00 an hour - Hosted by Jack 21.

All participants will need to sign up with the concierge one day prior to the event.

Nice Profit....:)

RW

8. dkbk

dkbk High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great job Eric, gotta love the Borgata. So are you going to use some of that $1300 to return the favor for dad (...not)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.