1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

David Copperfield at MGM

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by MUFC, Jun 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MUFC

MUFC Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thinking of seeing this show in July, we originally wanted to see Penn & Teller but they are performing on Broadway during July. Has anyone seen David Copperfield and would you recommend it?

2. Sapphire

Sapphire Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've not see it myself, however, earlier this month I took my niece and a few of her friends to Vegas for her 21st, and they all went to his show. They raved about it. Said it was so good. And with the short attention spans of the young these days ..... the fact that they continued talking about it all through dinner says it was very entertaining to a bunch of 21-22 year old girls. If that helps any?

3. The Stig

The Stig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw him in 2010 and me and my wife enjoyed it, we went on the night to get tickets for his late show but the lady told us front row tickets were available for the early show so we decided to up that offer, before the show started a lady came round to the people sitting at the front asking that we give him a standing ovation at the end.

4. MUFC

MUFC Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the replies. My girlfriend was looking forward to seeing Penn & Teller but they are out of town whilst we are in Vegas (performing on Broadway I think). Sounds like Copperfield might be a decent alternative.

5. VegasBJ

VegasBJ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will actually go the opposite way and say that it is boring - has not been revamped in quite a while. Copperfield is bored out of his mind and going through the motions. Has to continually coax the audience into applauding at the end of an illusion as everyone was sitting on their hands since it was just not that good. Penn and Teller way, way better - too bad they are not available on your dates. earlier post states that a crew member had to convince the front row guests to give a standing ovation, which is a telling sign as otherwise it would not happen.

I was actually one of the audience members that goes on stage for one of the illusions, and still did not like the show.

6. michaelvegas1970

michaelvegas1970 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw Copperfield about three years ago and was not impressed. What also disappointed me was I noticed most times when he spoke to the audience he would glance to the walls of the left and right side of the theater. It was then I noticed tv screens on the sides of the theater that he was using as a teleprompter. After years of doing magic shows he is not able to speak to an audience without someone holding his hand?

Go see Penn and Teller. Saw them last year, very engaging with the audience, they put on a great show and they do a free meet and greet after every show.

7. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Its a very average show and with all the videos its kinda like a tribute to himslef i didnt really like it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.