1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Ballys EStandby upgrade advice

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Nikkid21, Jun 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nikkid21

Nikkid21 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Staying at Ballys next Sunday through Friday (5 nights) on a comp. Just paying $140 resort fees and taxes for an indigo deluxe room. We are super low rollers who have only gambled at CET properties probably twice in the last 8 years so have no idea how we qualified for the comp esp as Sunday is still electric daisy carnival rates.

My understanding is that the e standby isn't a guaranteed upgrade, it's just agreeing to pay the price if there is space available.

Have been offered Estandby rates of

$29 per night for Jubilee strip view king
    $66 per night for Indigo Tower suite king
    $140 Ballys jubilee suites

Having never stayed at a CET property in our 15 visits to Vegas, are any of these worthwhile? Frankly we are wary of the jubilee tower as the eight hour time difference from the Uk means that jet lag will be in full effect and club noise at 4am will have us up for the whole day then. Plus we have a kayaking trip that we have to be up by 5am for on Tuesday.

How much nicer is the Tower suite compared to the regular indigo deluxe? We usually stay at the MGM signature or the Golden Nugget rush tower so know that the regular indigo room is a down grade from those.(want more gambling budget this trip)

Any advice would be gratefully received?

- - - Updated - - -

Estandby blurb in case anyone is interested

How eStandby® Upgrades Work:

1Select each eStandby® opportunity below that interests you, then click the "Continue" button.

2Find out at check-in if you are awarded an eStandby Upgrade® or any combination of Add-on Offers.

IF YES

You agree to pay the additional amounts stated below for your award(s).

IF NO

You will stay in the room you originally booked and pay nothing extra.

2. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't see any of those offers worth the money. I have never bit on those for that exact reason. You may receive an upgrade to the Jubilee tower just by asking or tipping. It can be loud though, but now that Drai's is open I have heard the same about the North side. We stayed South tower our last trip and we could def hear some club thumping. It didn't bother us, but that is a personal thing.

3. Nikkid21

Nikkid21 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks - going to stick with indigo and see what we can swing ( if anything) at check in.

4. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nikki, i just came back from Bally's June 7th-13th. I usually stay in the Indigo Tower ever since the South Tower became Jubilee because in my case the Jubilee rooms are no longer comped.
    I booked the Indigo Tower months ago as i have stayed there before and was happy. However, i decided to try and upgrade to Jubilee at check in because Jubilee rooms have coffee makers with a separate sink and alcove, a fridge, walk in showers, etc and i hadn't stayed in a Jubilee room as of yet.
    My room for 6 nights was comped for 5 nights with the 6th under $50. I am Gold.

In my case i couldn't have had a nicer young lady. She knew i have stayed at Bally's many times but never in a Jubilee room. She accepted my sandwich and asked me if i would have any problem with the noise, i told her the more noise the better, this is why i have been coming to Vegas for 30+ years. Noise doesn't affect me, when i hit the sack, i'm out like a light.

She gave me the 16th floor in the Jubilee Tower face Cromwell. If the room was facing Paris, perhaps there would be more noise as other people have said, but my room overlooking Cromwell had absolutely no noise, i could see all the inhabitants having a good time at Drai's but hardly a pin drop. And bed time for me was the usual, 3 am-4 am.
    If you are concerned about noise and want to stay in a Jubilee room, perhaps, at least from the 16th floor (6604) looking north, where i was, there's less noise on the north side than the south.
    My room had a great view and i never closed the drapes. What i do now is book a standard room and then use the sandwich upon check in. I already have Flamingo Fab room booked for November with the intent of upgrading to a GO room at check in.
    However, the Indigo Tower at Bally's is much nicer than the Flamingo Fab rooms.

5. Maxbet

Maxbet JACKPOT!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last month my room was right by the elevator bank facing Cromwell on the 8th floor. No noise issues for me and was there Thurs-Sun. Happened to walk out of room same time as the person directly across the hall and asked about club noise from Paris. Yep, he said it went on till 4am and really did'nt sleep because of it.

Just my 2 cents.

6. Nikkid21

Nikkid21 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the info, I'll stick with indigo tower and ask re the tower suite upgrade at check in. If we can get it for closer to $30 per night than the $66 quoted then we will go for it. Don't want jubilee room if it doesn't have a tub as I will need a soak after the 12 mile kayak tour. Fridge isn't vital as we just buy a $7 polystyrene cooler from Walmart and fill with ice for cold water, soda and Gatorade. Then bin it at the airport.

7. tex55

tex55 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stayed at Bally's from June 8th - June 12th. Paid the upgrade to a Jubilee room. Was on the 15th floor - very nice room, had been upgraded. The only problem was Wednesday night, the music from Paris was very loud, and stayed that way until 3 am. If you go to bed early, it could be a problem.

8. philvie

philvie Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have stayed at Bally's numerous times and have always been upgraded using the $20 trick. Try it, all they can say is no.

9. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We had a Jubilee room with a 3/4 view of the fountains....NO tub in any of them that I've heard of.....possibly one of the bigger suites...? We were on the 25th or 26th floor and did not hear the noise from the club at Paris at all....

10. Nikkid21

Nikkid21 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The indigo rooms still have regular tub / shower combo.

11. Nikkid21

Nikkid21 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Some info for anyone else considering the indigo tower suite.

Got the indigo tower suite on the diamond floor for $50 per night at check in. Has coffee machine, safe & deep tub but no fridge.

Originally had the same on floor 20 but room stank of smoke and corridor was rank with the smell of weed.

Lovely check in lady switched us to floor 18 which is diamond level. Corridor smelt of bleach and the room is noticeably cleaner with newer furnishings.

The room is right at the end of the corridor of the indigo tower. View of pool, parking garage and NYNY / Excalibur in distance.

Only noticeable noise is when the room above / below if filling their tub. Water rushing through the pipes sounds like an aircraft on landing but only lasts 5 mins. Better than club noise.

In summary - happy to pay the $ 50 per night on a completely comped room but not worth the $264 per night regular rate quoted imo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.