1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Room type problem now

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by sporty8705, Jun 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sporty8705

sporty8705 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a hookup at a hotel in Vegas (would rather not mention it) and he has hooked me up room wise in the past, always answered my emails in the past. Now all of a sudden he is not answering them. I sent 5 in the last month, no responses to any of them. I called to add days for my reservation and was told my resort fees were comped, which I knew, but that we were paying a room upgrade fee of 175.00 per night. We are staying 9 nights so thats a lot more above what we are paying for the room. I have always offered to have the 3 of us who gamble each book a room and was told no, he was going to take care of it, I would book and pay for my room and then we would have a 3 room suite on a high floor.

I asked him if it was not possible to please let me know and I would just book the other 2 rooms. Was told no, it was not necessary.
    He facebooked me on Sunday and said he would take care of it on Monday, no charge for the upgrade, he just needed to change it in the computer. Called just now to check, and nothing was done. Our trip is soon and if he can't take care of us, no problem, just need to plan to pay for the other rooms..

What should I do?

2. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If it's a "hook up", he may have to do "finagle" it when you check in..because someone could be looking over his shoulder, ya know?

3. sporty8705

sporty8705 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    He is THE manager so he has the power to do whatever he wants to do, no one is his boss, and its been a month since he has responded to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Which is fine, but I would hate to get there and then him have not done it and then 5 of us are out of a room..

I guess maybe I will just pay for the others now then and see what happens.

4. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd be worried too. Can you call him on the phone and ask him if he's got you covered or not? I'd have rooms booked, but I'm paranoid about being roomless in Vegas.

5. Piggylane

Piggylane Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Probably a good idea to book a room somewhere else as a backup just in case this falls through. Keep trying to make contact and good luck!

6. azlefty

azlefty VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    About 3 or 4 management changes ago I worked for Caesars Tahoe (it's something else now) and we could do this for friends at Caesars Palace, and possibly get them suites on a space available basis, but only on offpeak periods such as weekdays. They considered this an employee benefit. I only worked there for a few weeks and didn't have any friends that could get there so I never got to take advantage of it.

I don't know the nature of your relationship with the "hookup" or if you have player status there anyway, but If someone offered to finagle me a free room in Vegas, I'd guess that a standard room for a couple of nights is realistic. A 3 room suite for 9 days in a row sounds like something the likes of Shel Adelson would need to authorize if you aren't expected to be playing. In fact, I don't even think I would want such a big freebie because I would feel like I owed the person a huge favor and I would fear something out of the Godfather. Then again, if you saved his life or something, maybe it's not a problem.

7. sporty8705

sporty8705 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, it was not expected, he offered first.
    I said it was too much, he insisted. He also gave my son and I a 3 room suite on the 29th floor when he knew it was just the 2 of us on a last minute trip. Hell I would have been happy with just a high floor.
    Yes, I have player status there and thats where all my play goes to. Like I said, I just wanted a high flooor, rooms near each other, etc..

He did email me back today, said he was sorry, all was taken care of..

Now on that note, what kind of gift should I get him. I was literally discussing that before all of this, as this is trip #3 that he's give me suites..
    A giftcard to a restaurant in Vegas, something!?

8. LetsDoThis

LetsDoThis Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My guess, he was taking advantage of his "privledges" for you and more than likely several others and it affected the bottom line and someone wagged a finger at him. He may be a manager but he doesn't own the company..
    Glad it worked out and he responded favorably. Sounds like a generous dude, get him a nice gift which is proportionate to a 10-20% amount of the value of the comp.

9. sporty8705

sporty8705 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never thought of it that way. I know when we were leaving there for a day to fly to a funeral and then back late the next night I asked to pay the night and keep the room so not to have to pack and unpack and he said there is a High Roller scheduled to be in there. I said oh thats fine then because I know I am not a high roller. I said you're nice enough to give me a nice suite so I do not want to take away from a high roller who is going to dump way way more than me.. because it was me and my lil one i couldnt gamble.. but dont think i wasnt tempted!

10. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got the hook-up, holla if ya hear me!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.